Aloha from hawaii

Ben Y

Hi friends, my name is Ben and I live in Hawaii. Heaven on earth where u can bbq year round! I’ve been bbq-in most of my life, primarily on gas grills just for convenience and even heat. Sadly, most places you rent out here only allow gas grills due to fire hazards. My wife and I recently bought a home and now I have room to play in the backyard!
I still have a dyna-glo 5 burner propane grill that I use primarily. It’s just easier to fire up and cook on. The wife even uses it! But she bought me a small 14” Weber Smokey mountain for my bday last year and I’m hooked. I’ve smoked several briskets, ribs, chicken and sausages on it. My wsm is seasoned wonderfully with a gasket kit attached and I use igrill digital temp probes. Pretty much the most fun I’ve ever had on a grill! And yes, I love my wsm for many reasons, mostly the ease of use, set it and forget it, constant temps, and amazing bbq it produces. I also homebrew beer and cider. Cheers!

Aloha Ben, and welcome to TVWBB! I have the WSM 14.5" and it is perfect for me. I think that If I were to visit Hawaii, I might not ever want to leave.

Welcome Ben. I missed which island you’re from. I have visited your beautiful state several times and absolutely love it.

Back