Blueberry BBQ Ribs

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
M.Symon-Hi all, we were suppose to have these last night, but we were invited to DD for dinner. They do sound good, can't wait to try them. Just had to share here now, couldn't wait. lol

Blueberry BBQ Ribs

3 pints blueberries
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup red wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1 onion, sliced
1 habanero pepper
1 dark beer
1 TB. ground coriander
1 TB. ground cumin
1 TB. ground coffee
1 TB. chipotle powder
5 Lbs. smoked and cooked St. Louis cut pork ribs

Add all the ingredients for the sauce into a saucepan and cook for 2 hours over medium-low heat. Remove the sauce from the heat and place into a food processor or blender and puree. Strain the sauce and set aside.

Preheat grill over medium-high heat.

Place the ribs onto the grill and brush with the sauce. This will glaze the ribs while they cook for about 15 minutes.

Source: Michael Symon 2008

Last edited:
Hi all, we were suppose to have these last night, but we were invited to DD for dinner. They do sound good, can't wait to try them. Just had to share here now, couldn't wait. lol

Blueberry BBQ Ribs

3 pints blueberries
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup red wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1 onion, sliced
1 habanero pepper
1 dark beer
1 TB. ground coriander
1 TB. ground cumin
1 TB. ground coffee
1 TB. chipotle powder

Add all the ingredients for the sauce into a saucepan and cook for 2 hours over medium-low heat. Remove the sauce from the heat and place into a food processor or blender and puree. Strain the sauce and set aside.

Place the ribs onto the grill and brush with the sauce. This will glaze the ribs while they cook for about 15 minutes.

We did make these ribs (5 days later, sorry, forgot to post the results) and the sauce was very good, but the ribs cooked too long and were a little dry.

That sure does sound good! 15 min was the problem. You cooked them more.

Next time just brush a thin layer on the ribs. Grill till bubbling, brush it out. Repeat.

Personally I do that component under the broiler. Easier to control. And less cooking/more "carmelizing".

Last edited:
That sure does sound good! 15 min was the problem. You cooked them more.

Next time just brush a thin layer on the ribs. Grill till bubbling, brush it out. Repeat.

Personally I do that component under the broiler. Easier to control. And less cooking/more "carmelizing".

That does sound much better, thank you Len. I do want to try this recipe again soon.

Maybe blueberries and barbecue are an acquired taste. One of my worst experiences in barbecue was making blueberry pork ribs years ago. Never again. :(

Maybe blueberries and barbecue are an acquired taste. One of my worst experiences in barbecue was making blueberry pork ribs years ago. Never again. :(

Sorry to hear that Chris. Would love to post something that you really like. Do you have a favorite?

Hi all, we were suppose to have these last night, but we were invited to DD for dinner. They do sound good, can't wait to try them. Just had to share here now, couldn't wait. lol

Blueberry BBQ Ribs

3 pints blueberries
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup red wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1 onion, sliced
1 habanero pepper
1 dark beer
1 TB. ground coriander
1 TB. ground cumin
1 TB. ground coffee
1 TB. chipotle powder

Thank for sharing. I will try it.

Hi Ross, welcome to the site. You will love it here. Also, hope you will try and love the ribs. Please let us know if you do try the recipe, ok?

Back