Thread: FYI/Battery for HeaterMeter

FYI/Battery for HeaterMeter

I prefer to avoid having power cords to trip on, so last June I bought a good sized battery to power my HeaterMeter (https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...F70BPU/tvwb-20) I have used it several times with success. One advantage is that it uses the same power supply as the HeaterMeter, so less junk to deal with.

Why posting now? Well I just finished a 25 hour bacon cold smoke, which was the first test of how long this battery would run the HeaterMeter. Outside air temp (HeaterMeter and battery) in the mid 20deg Fahrenheit range. I was quite pleased and surprised that the battery lasted about 23 hours. Since batteries typically hate cold weather, I'm expecting that in warmer air the battery would easily exceed 24 hours of capacity.

(FWIW I picked this battery because it is not just some random battery resold on Amazon. The supplier, http://talentcell.com/about-us/our-company/ is the manufacturer and I felt that I was likely to get better value as a result.)

YMMV but I thought some here might like to know these results.

TVWBB Pro
    Great find! I use an overpriced GoalZero Yeti150. Wish I'd found this earlier

Thanks for the feedback! 25 hours is awesome! Are you using the Delta blower?

TVWBB Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by J Thompson View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! 25 hours is awesome! Are you using the Delta blower?
    Yeah. Adapt-a-Damper with Delta blower

TVWBB Pro
    I bought one and received it yesterday, I'm testing it out on a DC motor that draws about 500mA as the weather outside is a bit dodgey. It's been running for over an hour now and it's still showing 5 bars. This is pretty awesome! Again, great find Paul.