Thread: First Christmas Brisket, how to make it say "Christmas"?

TVWBB Pro

First Christmas Brisket, how to make it say "Christmas"?

I've cooked more than a few briskets over the years and have an "un-recipe" (kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, granulated onion & garlic) that has become my go-to for any kind of beef. The thing is, I've never cooked a brisket for Christmas before and want to find some way to make it "Christmas"-y, if that makes sense. So, those of you who do brisket for Christmas, what do you do to make it "special"?
    22.5" WSM , Jumbo Joe , SS Performer , PartyQ and lots of

I just do Texas Style but the sky is the limit as to how you top it. Some of the rubs available today will add a sweet, or whatever you like. I always like to let the meat be the star though. Have heard of draping bacon though. May try it at a later date.

Good Luck!
    18 WSM, Spirit S-320, Char-Broil Big Easy, Wife 1956 model

TVWBB Super Fan
    I have tried draping bacon over it. Although this does not allow a good bark on the brisket.
    22" Weber Kettle
    Stumps Baby Smoker

TVWBB Fan
    Just decorate the platter with a bunch of green herbs and sprinkle crasins around. Can also make a green and a red dipping sauce. Merry Christmas

TVWBB Member
    Maybe serve it with a red wine demi-glace sauce with a glass of red wine??
    "Stay hungry my friends"
    18.5 WSM, 22.5 WSM, Charbroil Urban infrared grill.

TVWBB Fan
    I inject mine. And I am cooking one now.
    Take 2 cups unsalted beef broth. 2 TBLSP Worcestershire sauce. Bring it to a boil,and add 2 packages of beef bullion. (That is the recipe anyway)
    (In reality I make up 4 times this much). But I inject it the night before,and while cooking the first few hours. I also add a little apple juice to it and spray every hour or so until i wrap it. (and spray/inject it before wrapping. It also smells GREAT simmering on the stove

I did a yahoo search and seen some interesting pics. You might want to check that out.
    https://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...v-web&fr=yfp-t

Tim
    Last edited by timothy; 12-23-2018 at 11:40 AM. Reason: add link
    Different smokes for different folks. Wish the Dollar Store sold gas!

TVWBB Diamond Member Dustin Dorsey's Avatar
    Maybe hit it with some herbs? Thyme and rosemary maybe?
    22.5 WSM, 22.5 OTS, Smokey Joe, Genesis 1000, Slow N Sear 2.0, Smokenator 1000, Old Country Pecos, Thermapen, Smoke, Maverick ET-732, Igrill 2

TVWBB Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Dorsey View Post
    Maybe hit it with some herbs? Thyme and rosemary maybe?
    Unfortunately, I checked the pantry and we seem to be all out of those. I'm proceeding with my usual method, although I inadvertently separated the point & flat while trimming away the fat seem in between them. This particular slab seemed to have a lot more fat than usual... probably removed about 2-3 pounds of hard fat and deckle. It was just under 17 pounds to start with and I've got an 8 pound ham that'll be double smoked on the kettle, so I think we'll have plenty of food to go around.