Orange Chicken Sriracha

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Here is a recipe that has been in my "To Try" file for almost 5 years. Finally we made it last night. We rate our recipes by Very Good, Good, OK, and No. A few have received "Excellent". Will post some of them at another time. Very Good means we will make again. Good means maybe make again but try to improve on it. This recipe received a good because DH cut back on the Sriracha because of me. I think those of you that like your food nice and spicy will enjoy this recipe with more Sriracha.

Orange Chicken Sriracha - For Two

Marinade:

1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup orange juice
zest of one orange
2 TB. sugar
2 1/2 TB. rice vinegar
1 TB. soy sauce
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1/2-1 TB. Sriracha
1/2 TB. ground ginger
1 TB. cornstarch, dissolved in
2 TB. of water

1/2 lb. chicken breasts or thighs, cubed
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 cup peanut oil, for frying
sesame seeds and green onions, for garnish

Whisk all marinade ingredients to blend. Marinate the chicken in 1/4 cup of the marinade, 30 minutes or longer. Bring remaining marinade to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. When thickened, turn heat off. Keep warm while frying the chicken.

Drain chicken and discard marinade. Dip chicken pieces into the pan of beaten eggs and dredge in the cornstarch, pressing to coat well. Heat oil over medium-high heat until very hot. Add chicken pieces, but don't overcrowd. Fry until cooked through, 1-2 minutes, drain on a rack, or paper towels. Mix chicken with warm sauce. Serve over rice, garnish with sesame seeds and green onion.

Souce: www.chewoutloud.com and CLBB member, LeaHamm

Back