High Heat Paint

Carl Breit

I'm wondering what the best matching black high heat paint for my Genesis Silver. I used some Header paint today but its to Flat. If anyone knows what the best is, I'd like to know.
Carl

I use Rustoleum and VHT. Both are reasonably priced and do a good job.
There are others out there at a premium price that I have no experience with.

I have used rustoleum high heat in both flat and semi gloss. I use the semi gloss for the frame and end caps and flat on the cook box. On the frame, I just use it on the area that is in close proximity to the cook box, otherwise I use rustoleum 2x black gloss on the rest of it.

I like Rustoleum semi-gloss, too. However, I am starting to like the new Krylon grill paint maybe even more:

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00GXHXKSI/tvwb-20

I bought one of these today to try it out. But at my Lowe's store these sell for $7 a can and not $22. That is a bit expensive.

I don't mind the matte finish of the Rustoleum and I am a fan of the "brush on" version. I use it with a roller which gives it a nice orange peel effect which nicely covers imperfections in the cast aluminum. But what I don't like too much about the Rustoleum paint is the color. It is not really a dark black. More like a really dark brown. At least compared to the factory color.
This is why I want to compare the Krylon against the Rustoleum.

I am going to use the Krylon on the Silver C its the 1200 degree the link shows. My Lowes just started carrying it and as Stefan said it was $7.00 a can, I will be using it on the firebox and lids.

I'm wondering what the best matching black high heat paint for my Genesis Silver. I used some Header paint today but its to Flat. If anyone knows what the best is, I'd like to know.
Carl

Carl if you want to see what caliper paint looks like go to this thread. Very glossy really needed to get a few more coats on it but it is holding up well. That paint is the same price as the Krylon but its an add on and I thought I would try the Krylon since its now local to me.

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?74400-Rustoleum-900-Degree-Caliper-Paint-Genesis-1000

I posted the Amazon link only to show the product. That price is insane! I also buy mine at Lowes.

Jon, actually its like 26.99 a can on ebay it has to be because nobody carries it they carry the 600 stuff but until you pointed out that Lowes started carrying it I could not find it anywhere locally. Lowes seems to have cut down there Rusto inventory and now a lot more Krylon paint selections probably cause Krylon gave them a deal.

If I like the results will probably go and buy 6 or 7 cans of it since if they decide to dump it down the road kind of screwed for us 22 bucks a can on Amazon 3 cans at Lowes for the same price.

It must be selling at Lowes or maybe they just did not buy a lot of inventory cause they only had one can in stock which I bought the last can.

Well I tried the caliper paint, and way to glossy. I went back to the VHT header paint and it looks good. I'll post some pics when I'm done.
Carl

You can search on here for instructions. If I wasn’t writing from my phone I’d do it for you ...

E5arUcU.jpg

My spirit that I'm giving away today and my Silver before restore

Back