Happy Holidays to All and Thanks for a great year!

Dan Leighton

TVWBB Pro
Happy Holidays to all the members of the forum. I am doing this early since some will be traveling for Christmas. I just wanted to thank you to Chris and the members of the forums who have vastly expanded my Weber experience. That goes from upgrading my 2007 Genesis by adding a side burner, learning tricks to repair another similar grill for my son, being introduced to Thermoworks products that have made me look good. I've been amazed by the generosity of the members to share their expertise, valued opinions, and more on a vast range of grilling techniques and recipes. I especially like the history of Weber and the evolution of their products.

Again, Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year! Safe travels to all on the road this Holiday season....

Dan Leighton
Las Vegas

After 57 years of New England winters, I like seeing the snow on the nearby Mountains for the last 11 years! No shoveling, snowblowers, windshield deicer, winterblades, etc. We didn't have a garage in RI, so every day was an adventure. Only plus was a Taurus we owned had an Instaclear Windshield which did a great job of melting light ice without scraping! We are high enough here to get flurries, but only 2 accumulating snowfalls in the last 11 years. I'll take it. No having to wait until March to get Christmas lights off the roof!

Same to you Don. I am so fed up with snow and ice. Don't mind cold, actually kind of prefer it at times to sweating my big butt off but it's winter precipitation I totally hate with a capitol H

Dan and all Happy Holidays, gonna be 56 in ATL for Christmas with the sun out that is a good day.

I was from Boston don't miss the weather there either by the way don't own a snow shovel down here although we had a freak storm last year 7" of snow had to use a flat spade shovel to clean the driveway must of taken me 3 hours damn near collapsed after I was done.

Happy Holidays to all you guys as well.
Spend some time with some good Friends and Family and be glad for all you have, I know I will be doing just that.

Dan and Brian-
Gonna be 56 degrees as well here in Massachusetts this Friday...why don't you guys pack your things and come back to New England for the Holidays?

As both you guys know it will probably dump 12"+ of Snow the very next day :rolleyes:

Jeff

I just drove home from Boston/Cambridge and it was Cold and Windy up there this morning!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

Slainte,

Tim

Tim,
Last night as well as most of today was cold and extremely windy.
We'll see if that Weather forecast for the weekend holds true.

Jeff

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to all of my new friends here. Forgive me for saying this, but, I am so envious. I have not seen snow on Christmas day since I was 8 years old. Have a snowball fight for me. lol

Happy Holidays to all you guys as well.
Spend some time with some good Friends and Family and be glad for all you have, I know I will be doing just that.

Dan and Brian-
Gonna be 56 degrees as well here in Massachusetts this Friday...why don't you guys pack your things and come back to New England for the Holidays?

As both you guys know it will probably dump 12"+ of Snow the very next day :rolleyes:

Jeff

That's a good one Jeff, my family is still up there they are all heading to FL in January all retired now my mother will come to stay with us in Feb for 7 weeks. Have not been up there for Christmas in years the plane fare as anyone who travels for Christmas or any Holiday is jacked up by double not to mention the horror at the airport.

Last time I was up there for Christmas and Thanksgiving I flew out the morning of those holidays cheap fares no one on the highway and nobody at the airport. Took a 9 am flight to Boston eating dinner at 1:30.

I would add it was similar to that weather days before we left and by the time we got there for Christmas never got above 17 degrees snowed about a foot while we were there the kids were young then they got to sled on a golf course they had a blast not much sledding down here.

Merry Christmas and happy Holidays to all of you guys and gals as well. It has been a pleasure for me to drink from the wisdom fountain here in this forum. You all have helped me a lot here.
Thanks and happy New Year as well.

Yah, Merry Christmas to all the members and their families. Have safe and enjoyable holiday season. I can't wait to get that Christmas Ham on the grill.

Merry Christmas and Happy and Safe Holidays to you all! Looking forward to time with family and a few more weeks to squeeze in a grill restoration or two before the evil monster of another tax season returns.

Enjoy your family and friends and remember the reason for the season. And, keep an eye out for old Weber discards as people get Christmas grills as a gift (even if for themselves:)).

Jon,
Thanks for the holiday wishes and for that reminder. I am sure some people will have new grills under the tree and have an old Weber that needs to go to make room.

All the best to everyone for safe and blessed Christmas and New Year. This end of the year is a mixed bag for me personally. A relative I am very fond of and close to is at end of life and has decided to not fight or try any other treatment so he has gone under hospice care and I don't expect he will last to the new year. But he's had a good long run (93 years) still has his "marbles" and is just too tired to fight. While it's all well and good to hope and pray for "miracles" I think he may have used up his share especially with the heavy action he saw in the Pacific Theater in WWII on an LST.
Anyway my best to all

I'll add my wishes to everyone for a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

I'm thankful for this forum and all the wonderful members.

This is a fun group. I wish someday we could have one of those “meets” like some car clubs (and the Weber Kettle Club) have. It would be great to have a chance to get together in person.

Chris thanks for keeping a good thing going for all of us. Merry Christmas to you all!

Back