Spicy Smashburger with Fried onions

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
I saw this Smashburger recipe and wanted to give it a try. I used a pound of Angus Beef for the patties, fried up some bacon and sauteed up some slice jalapenos and finished it off with some sharp cheddar and finally some fried onion strings. Flour, salt and cayenne make the dry mix.

First the onions. Soaked in a buttermilk solution for an hour.

enhance

enhance

Done!

enhance

Got the burger stuff together.

enhance

Got some Parmesan Wedges on the grill.

enhance

Burgers on.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Potatoes done.

enhance

Plated 'er up!

enhance

Great tasting meal. Thanks for looking everyone.

Great looking burgers Cliff. I'm getting a Blackstone for Christmas, going to be some burgers going down on the flat top.

Great looking burgers, Cliff!! That griddle sure does put a nice crust on those burgers. As always, I am thoroughly impressed by your ability to get all of these items done on the grill.

Cook on!

Rich

Thanks guys!

Nice looking burgers and an interesting little griddle Cliff!

Thanks Bob. I've really enjoyed the Kettle Q. It's had pretty high marks on Amazon and I've had several people reach out to me with questions. Fits on the Jumbo Joe also.

That looks great Cliff! My youngest really like smash burgers with onions! Been toying with the idea of getting a 22" blackstone for the cargo trailer camper. But I may just go with the Kettle-Q and do some mods with the Smokey joe or the WSM 14. Of course if we have another dry summer and can only use propane...

Cliff, as always you out did yourself again. That burger looks fantastic and I like the fries for sure.

Been toying with the idea of getting a 22" blackstone for the cargo trailer camper. But I may just go with the Kettle-Q and do some mods with the Smokey joe or the WSM 14. Of course if we have another dry summer and can only use propane...

Looks like Pat will be knocking out some cooks on the Blackstone after Christmas. I'll be watching for those. Not sure what you're getting up your way in the way of snow/rainfall. We're a little below average down here and everyone's hoping for a productive weather forecast from this point forward. If not, we could indeed be facing another dry summer. Hope not.

Great looking burgers Cliff, must have been real good! It reminds me of how I cooked normal burgers for years, then fall in love with smashburgers for another year.. then fall back in love with normal burgers.. I guess next spring will be a perfect time to switch again!

Back