Thursday Night Tacos

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
Wednesday Night Tacos

because I was running so late Tuesday with the cook that dinner would have been at 10 pm.

Seasoned a 4# beef chuck roast with Ksalt and black pepper.
Used the 18.5 WSM. Filled the Hunsaker firebasket clone with KBB and 3 small splits of mesquite.
TBS and 250* got the cook started on Tuesday at 1:30 in the afternoon.

D5YPTzJ.jpg

Around 5 hours later with an internal temp of 165*...

Y0v3AQq.jpg

Pulled and into the bath (recipe:https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?71404-The-quot-Bath-quot-a-mixture-for-stewing-Beef-or-Pork).

uVXy692.jpg

Covered and cooked in the kitchen oven at 350*.

NAjQY9j.jpg

Until it fell apart - about 3 hours later. & then shredded in the pan juices.

1IGBbV7.jpg

Saved in the fridge for Wednsday night dinner.

Reheated the meat, prepared the condiments (chopped tomato, cilantro, shredded x-sharp, iceberg lettuce and crema).
Fried/formed some shells.

XuyFmdN.jpg

Time To Eat!!!!!!

t2mw2oi.jpg

¡Maldita sea! ¡¡¡Super bien!!!

fwiw - wanted to see if the firebasket worked well for low and slow as it's intended for high heat cooks. It did just fine.

Well... looks like I missed a day: thought Wednesday was Thursday. This has got to stop!!! I'm not that old.... not That Old.... Not THAT OLD....

Last edited:
Yeah, I thought I'd lost a day too when I started reading your post!:D Great looking tacos Robert. Bet that beef was fantastic. I bookmarked "the bath" and will definitely be giving it a try. Might experiment frying and shaping my own shells too.

Awesome cook!! I tried this recipe from a previous post you did. Amazing! I loved it. My wife likes more vegetables so I added a few chopped carrots and some diced canned tomatoes to the bath.

I copied your chuck roast recipe and used the same bath recipe tonight. I'd say they were the best tacos I've ever made. My wife didn't agree, but they were the best for me bar none. Thanks for posting this.

I copied your chuck roast recipe and used the same bath recipe tonight. I'd say they were the best tacos I've ever made. My wife didn't agree, but they were the best for me bar none. Thanks for posting this.

Thanks, J_E_F_F. Am glad you like the tacos. The recipe also makes great enchiladas, too.

Back