Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MEATER+ review

The Meater Block arrived yesterday. I didn't have time to take it out of the box yet. I will post a review soon.
    14.5" WSM, (4) Mini-wsms, Mini-Za Oven, Minitisserie, GOSM Big Block, 1967 Casa Q

Yay! My Meater Block arrived! I haven't had time to set it up yet, but I will get it up and running so I can use it tomorrow when I rotisserie the 3 bone prime rib I have. I'll post a review after I use it a bit.

14.5" WSM, (4) Mini-wsms, Mini-Za Oven, Minitisserie, GOSM Big Block, 1967 Casa Q

I would have bet money this would happen... now projected for 2Q19, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BFletcher View Post
    I would have bet money this would happen... now projected for 2Q19, lol.

Well I wouldn't bother. I've been going in circles with Tech support since I received mine. It needs to do an update, but it won't complete it and crashes. I've burnt through multiple sets of batteries trying to get it to do the upgrade. They keep sending me the same message telling me to hold a button while trying to get the update to install. Crashes. Never updates. I've sent them multiple messages asking for a new unit or a refund. Nothing, except the same message to hold a button and try the update.

Too bad the Meater + seems to work. Customer service is a complete joke.

Update on my Block. I posted some stuff on another Smoker forum and low, one that obviously the Meater people follow. I now have a return label to send back my Block and hopefully receive one that actually works.

I want to see the thing in action. Good Luck!
    18.5 WSM > 22.5 One-Touch Platinum > Genesis Silver B > Smokey Joe Gold > Q100 + Q100 = Q200 > Go Anywhere Gas

Awesome! good luck on your new one.

So I got the new Block and It seems to be working. At least I'm not be asked to update every time it is turned on. I haven't done a cook with it yet, but I did leave the therms lying around the house for a few hours and they all worked.

Hopefully one of these days I'll get a cook in and can report back a better review.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12