Weber Charcoal vs. Kingsford

Tim Layhee

Hey everyone. I was gifted a couple bags of Weber Charcoal Briquettes. Does this burn similar to Kingsford? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

SmOkE OuT!!:wsm:

No comparison in my opinion. Weber charcoal is good stuff without the ash content of Kingsford. For what it's worth, Weber coals are made by Royal Oak.

I like both. I've heard bad things about using weber in a snake. I love it for minion method and hot and fast. KBB is my go to, though.

If you can find it, I highly recommend Royal Oak All Natural briquettes. I personally like it as good or better the Weber coals, and the price is much better too. Walmart carries this at some locations.

If you can find it, I highly recommend Royal Oak All Natural briquettes. I personally like it as good or better the Weber coals, and the price is much better too. Walmart carries this at some locations.

hmm...the royal oak premium briquettes in the red bag were....hmm....no good. if I see the natural briquettes i'll try them

I used to get Royal Oak natural lump (green bag, IIRC,) until I started getting a lot of non-burnable material, including a 1+ lb chunk of clinker. RO didn't seem to be very interested in keeping me happy after I complained to customer service. A friend of mine in southern Michigan got me started on Rockwood (out of Missouri,) and I've been awfully happy with that brand.

I do know I get 4-5x more ash out of Kingsford briquettes (only used for seasoning runs.) A burn over the weekend in my monster with 20 lbs. of Rockwood lump only gives between a pint and a quart of ash.

RO All Natural is my current go-to. When the last of my Weber/Stubbs are gone, the RO All Natural is what I'll use from now in for briquettes. It's also much better than the regular RO briquettes.

RO All Natural is my current go-to. When the last of my Weber/Stubbs are gone, the RO All Natural is what I'll use from now in for briquettes. It's also much better than the regular RO briquettes.

I agree, although I still like to use it to line the bottom of my 18" smoker before adding RO lump. The briquettes act as a barrier to keep smaller bits of lump from falling through the grate.

Royal Oak makes the GFS, Family Dollar, Walmart, Kroger, Home Depot Embers brand, and Target charcoal.
Weber Charcoal is made by RO and is the Royal Oak Chef's Select.
I liked the Weber charcoal, so I just did a search for Chef's Select and found you can get 40 lbs for $23.99 shipped to store at Do It best.
https://www.doitbest.com/products/838136

Royal Oak makes the GFS, Family Dollar, Walmart, Kroger, Home Depot Embers brand, and Target charcoal.
Weber Charcoal is made by RO and is the Royal Oak Chef's Select.
I liked the Weber charcoal, so I just did a search for Chef's Select and found you can get 40 lbs for $23.99 shipped to store at Do It best.
https://www.doitbest.com/products/838136

Not a bad price for what you get, but Walmart is cheaper if you can find it there, although it will be labeled as All Natural charcoal in a brown and gray bag.

Back