Shelf-Stable Corn on the Cob

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
The latest from the "Now I've Seen It All" Department:

Shelf-stable corn on the cob. From a brand called "So Natural". Okay...

Just remove from packaging and microwave for 1 minute.

KO9isjg.jpg

Uh huh. "All natural". Maybe the chemicals are from planet Earth but not in combination with that ear :p

What I found:
Looks like it's been around since at least 2016.
$1.58 at Walmart.
Ingredients: sweet corn and water.
Product of Thailand.
Most reviewers said it's nasty stuff, smells bad and tastes bad, but a few loved it.

Why would the USA a country with corn of all types growing out of every little crack in the earth need to import this crap. Same thing with garlic. This crap coming in from China is NASTY stuff full of chemicals and bleach and a nasty taste to boot. We need strong food labeling in this country. I am tired of buying something I thought would be good and finding out it's a chemical s&*t storm. Look at what they did to Tilapia!

Why would the USA a country with corn of all types growing out of every little crack in the earth need to import this crap.

I think it's called bio-fuel :(

As for garlic, agree 1000% It has no taste and the only thing going for it is super cheap <bleh>

Bio fuel corn is different and I know the difference as a lot of it is raised here plus there is a huge bio fuel plant in a nearby town of Lena IL. I don't have the ill will toward bio fuel many do.
Anyway off topic here............................sweet corn is widely grown throughout the US and is available US grown and fresh year round. Most of it is not near the taste and quality of good old Illini Super Sweet but it's better than junk from Taiwan packed in Chemicals

We love corn on the bone, but around here in the winter it's almost impossible to find. I did see the minute corn at Walmart and was going to give it a try. After seeing the reviews I'll pass on it.

I read a review that it was canned, not in a jar, but a bag. Ok I get that, but getting it from overseas just seems wrong and I totally agree with Larry.

Tim

We love corn on the bone, but around here in the winter it's almost impossible to find. I did see the minute corn at Walmart and was going to give it a try. After seeing the reviews I'll pass on it.

Same with us, what are our options, frozen COTC or that?
I think I'll wait for corn season.:)

Tim

That's why you put up corn in the summer when its in it prime. Then you have bags of corn in the freezer to get you though till next season. Its not on the cob but its better than what you get at the store.

That's why you put up corn in the summer when its in it prime. Then you have bags of corn in the freezer to get you though till next season. Its not on the cob but its better than what you get at the store.

How do you do that? Just strip off the cob, vac bag, & freeze?

Why would the USA a country with corn of all types growing out of every little crack in the earth need to import this crap. Same thing with garlic. This crap coming in from China is NASTY stuff full of chemicals and bleach and a nasty taste to boot. We need strong food labeling in this country. I am tired of buying something I thought would be good and finding out it's a chemical s&*t storm. Look at what they did to Tilapia!

1,000 'likes'.

Usually in season at any grocery. Ours (Ontario) has been available here for a while now. On occasion, we'll also get US garlic. I'll use granulated b4 Chinese "fresh" garlic.

Last edited:

Back