Any recommendation on decent but cheap fllavorizer bars for grills to flip?

Stefan H

TVWBB Guru
Can any of you guys recommend any decent but cheap fllavorizer bars for grills to flip? I normally try salvage the old ones. But sometimes they are too far gone.
For one of my last grills I bought a cheap set of SS ones for around $23. Really thin. Probably 20 gauge or thinner. I started the grill to test it for a few minutes and these started warping within minutes.
The Qulimetal ones got some good reviews but they have gone up in price as well:
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07DVSXLRB/tvwb-20

My vote would still be Qlimetal. I suppose the Uniflasy would be ok for flipping. If really a lot cheaper it might make sense

Can any of you guys recommend any decent but cheap fllavorizer bars for grills to flip? I normally try salvage the old ones. But sometimes they are too far gone.
For one of my last grills I bought a cheap set of SS ones for around $23. Really thin. Probably 20 gauge or thinner. I started the grill to test it for a few minutes and these started warping within minutes.
The Qulimetal ones got some good reviews but they have gone up in price as well:
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07DVSXLRB/tvwb-20

Bruce is the man for this question but the Q's are 16 gauge the others I have seen are generally like the ones you bought 20. Even if you were going to flip it if the ones you bought are already warped don't think I would want to use those when flipping might have a dissatisfied customer.

In the past I have I have used the lower end ones. I think they have all been 20 gauge. I really don't like using them, but I haven't had a complaint yet. I figure they are probably better than a used set of the porcelain coated ones. It makes a big difference also on whether you are talking about a Genesis 1000 or a Silver B. The bars on the 1000 are going to cost much more than for a Silver B.

If you go for the 16 gauge ones, I suggest either Quilimetal or RiversEdge. Both retail out of Amazon and I think RiversEdge sells both 16 and 20 gauge versions. The 16 gauge ones will be much more expensive usually than the 20 gauge bars though.

THis is the reason I feel for companies like Weber. It is tough to find that sweet spot between profit and quality.

For what it's worth Bruce just posted a 10% coupon in the buy and sell on everything in Ebay has to be used by tomorrow. Might defer some of the parts for the Webers.

Back