Thread: Any recommendation on decent but cheap fllavorizer bars for grills to flip?

TVWBB Super Fan

Any recommendation on decent but cheap fllavorizer bars for grills to flip?

Can any of you guys recommend any decent but cheap fllavorizer bars for grills to flip? I normally try salvage the old ones. But sometimes they are too far gone.
    For one of my last grills I bought a cheap set of SS ones for around $23. Really thin. Probably 20 gauge or thinner. I started the grill to test it for a few minutes and these started warping within minutes.
    The Qulimetal ones got some good reviews but they have gone up in price as well:
    https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...VSXLRB/tvwb-20
    Genesis Gold C, Performer, 22" Kettle, 18" WSM and always several old gassers under restoration.

Uniflasy is a brand that gets mentioned frequently. Can't speak for it, just remember the name!
    Black kettle | Greenie 1000 | Skyline 3200 | Skyline 520

My vote would still be Qlimetal. I suppose the Uniflasy would be ok for flipping. If really a lot cheaper it might make sense
    Genesis Platinum Skyline 3200 Q1200"Flat-top" 26 Kettle Red,Black 22s 1Touch Platinum, Black '74 18, JJ & SJ. Projects: Genesis 4, 2 many!

TVWBB Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan H View Post
    Can any of you guys recommend any decent but cheap fllavorizer bars for grills to flip? I normally try salvage the old ones. But sometimes they are too far gone.
    For one of my last grills I bought a cheap set of SS ones for around $23. Really thin. Probably 20 gauge or thinner. I started the grill to test it for a few minutes and these started warping within minutes.
    The Qulimetal ones got some good reviews but they have gone up in price as well:
    https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...VSXLRB/tvwb-20
    Bruce is the man for this question but the Q's are 16 gauge the others I have seen are generally like the ones you bought 20. Even if you were going to flip it if the ones you bought are already warped don't think I would want to use those when flipping might have a dissatisfied customer.

In the past I have I have used the lower end ones. I think they have all been 20 gauge. I really don't like using them, but I haven't had a complaint yet. I figure they are probably better than a used set of the porcelain coated ones. It makes a big difference also on whether you are talking about a Genesis 1000 or a Silver B. The bars on the 1000 are going to cost much more than for a Silver B.

If you go for the 16 gauge ones, I suggest either Quilimetal or RiversEdge. Both retail out of Amazon and I think RiversEdge sells both 16 and 20 gauge versions. The 16 gauge ones will be much more expensive usually than the 20 gauge bars though.

THis is the reason I feel for companies like Weber. It is tough to find that sweet spot between profit and quality.
    Some people rescue dogs and cats. I rescue Webers.

TVWBB Pro
    For what it's worth Bruce just posted a 10% coupon in the buy and sell on everything in Ebay has to be used by tomorrow. Might defer some of the parts for the Webers.