Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duh, don't make this mistake

LOL: the real issue was that it had the on/off switch which I assumed was the only control on the light. If I had failed to find a switch at all, I would have (maybe) assumed it was position activated or something like that. I learn something new about Weber grills every day I mess with them it seems.
    Some people rescue dogs and cats. I rescue Webers.

TVWBB Super Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Jason, the older style one that I have actually has an on off switch in addition to the tilt switch. It seems logical as you don't need it when grilling in the day time. I am kind of surprised that the newer ones don't have one as well.
    It's not that it didn't have one. The one I was fooling with had a button. I pushed it and nothing happened, pushed it again and nothing. When I opened the lid I suddenly had light.

Yep, same issue with me. You really run into a confusing situation when you are trying to figure it out and the switch is off and you open the grill and it doesn't come on so then you just think it is not working at all. That is what was kind of happening with me since I had the light off the grill and was simply holding it in my hands at whatever orientation was convienient. I was getting it to work intermittently and then all of a sudden it would turn off on me without me realizing it was how I was holding it. Then if the switch was off it wasn't working no matter what I did so, until I realized it was position sensitive, it was really confusing my old feeble brain cells. I was thinking a short circuit and even started tapping it on the table....

TVWBB Super Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Tofte View Post
    Yeah, those are pretty nice, but like you say they have to be pointed the right way! I definitely got some use on my 3200 before I sold it. If I ever get the bargain basement deal I am looking for on a 2200, I would definitely like to eventually add one to it.

The big Q is a truly great grilling machine. Everyone is different, but after I gave away my 200 and got a 3200 ($100), I found myself missing the mid-size Q. If you get the cart Weber makes for the 2000/2200 that looks just like the 3200 cart and set a 2200 on it (still readily removable), I think you get the best of both worlds. A nice-looking, great grilling deck machine and something ready to travel on short notice.

https://www.grillparts.com/weber/web...QaAh7lEALw_wcB
    Those are amazing grill marks.

Oh, no, here we go.... Jon will have to show you the "Grill Grates" now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12