Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reliable Source for MG90S

Sure enough that did the job. Much better and smooth. Thanks for the help everyone

The cap made such a huge difference. I was hesitant but it calmed the servo down incredibly. The only this I am having trouble understanding is when I put the HM into lid mode it wants to do a revolution or two. So I guess my question was is when I am setting up for a cook do I need to set the servo high limit visually so its 100% open and then tailor the low limit to 90 degrees do be closed when in lid mode? Hope that makes a sense.

TVWBB Honor Circle Bryan Mayland's Avatar
    How I set them up initially I set the output so the servo is either at 0% or 100% output, then put the top bit on the damper/servo in either the just barely fully closed or just barely fully open position. Then set the output for the opposite position and adjust the pulse duration for that value until it is just barely fully open or fully closed. It is easiest to switch between the two positions by setting the setpoint to "0%" or "100%" and verifying the opening is where it should be. Going from 1% to 0% output can take up to 10 seconds for the servo to "commit" the output, because HeaterMeter doesn't update the servo position every second for teeny moves since in practice it bounces back and forth 1% in output and this way the servo doesn't have to move back and forth constantly and wear out. I think it has to move 50uS of position before it will force a move, or up to 10 seconds of delay. Going in and out of lid mode works as well from 100% to 0% and back again, but doesn't activate in manual mode.

Setting the servo endpoints forces a move regardless of how small it is though.
    Last edited by Bryan Mayland; 12-16-2018 at 10:02 AM.
    I'm that HeaterMeter guy what ruins everybody's free time.

6 hours into first test run and going pretty well. Thanks Bryan for the servo advice. That and the servo mode page helped me nail it. Maybe a trivial question but the yellow on the analytics page was very active until I changed my Derivative from 5 to 2. Now temp fluctuates much less than earlier. Is the yellow line a servo position marker? It cooberates with the fan activity so thatís what I am assuming.

TVWBB Honor Circle Bryan Mayland's Avatar
    Great! The little yellow pip is the average PID output over the past... 5 minutes? It's one of those things I thought would be really useful to know back when I first was laying out the webui design, but didn't turn out to be useful at all.

EDIT: It is a 1/240 exponential moving average, so about a 4 minute average.
    Last edited by Bryan Mayland; 12-20-2018 at 06:04 AM.
    I'm that HeaterMeter guy what ruins everybody's free time.

Makes perfect sense now that it vanished essentially after derivative was moved down. Thanks again for your help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12