Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Can a warped firebox be straightened out?

Larry, Sometimes I think it is just the guy you happen to talk to in CS. I find that with a lot of outfits. I just keep calling back until I get the answer I want.
    I remember early in my rehabbing days, I got a grill with that dreaded fade on the hood. I registered the grill and even put the date of purchase as when I got it and listed the vendor as "Second party". I called Weber to see if there was any way to get rid of the fade and they asked if I had registered it and I said yes. I knew from earlier interactions that hey don't like to discuss parts for grills unless it is registered...so they can be sure they are talking about the same grill as you are. They looked up my account, found the grill in my account. Then they asked me to send photos of the faded hood. I did so and the next day I got an email back asking for my address so they could send me a new hood.

I never asked for one. I never mentioned warranty. I didn't even realize it was under warranty. I guess I just got a nice one that day.
    Some people rescue dogs and cats. I rescue Webers.

It wasn't like that with my issue. In my case with the Summit I lost the original paperwork. Had never registered it either figuring the ACE did it but I git it through a closeout when they were going out of business. Enough time had gone by I had no idea it was under warranty. I had called them simply asking to buy the part. Even then no one at Weber CS picked up on the fact it was is warranty. They were looking up the part for me to actually buy it and than told me they didn't stock it any more. I related that here and someone (I forget who) knew a rep there. SO then it was her who discovered it should be warranty, and did what she could to locate a new part. Bottom line was she called me back to tell me they no longer supported the grill and when I asked about the fact it was still under warranty she escalated the issue for me. From there I got a contact from a "supervisor" who unapologeticly said there was nothing they could do except MAYBE offer me a discount on an equivalent Genesis II series. However when they shot the prices they would sell to me for they were HIGHER than if I walked into Home Depot or what have you and bought one off the rack. When I spoke to them again it was too bad so sad. Take it or leave it. I left it and I will forever. A new Weber will never grace my home again. Because of the horrid attitude

Yah, not sure if it is still under warranty, but if so, go on the Weber site and register it with the serial number. use the date or make one up for the when you actually purchased it. Then call them back and see if they will help you out. Like I said, new guy might give you a new answer. Or, did you get rid of it???

TVWBB Super Fan
    I still have it. Just donít have any time to work on these during the week. And yes I was able to register it tonight. I will call Weber tomorrow to see what can be done. I put the purchase date as the date when I purchased it. Not sure if the 2nd, 3rd or Xth owner. If they honor it great. If not I am ok too. Letís see what happens.

TVWBB Super Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan H View Post
    I still have it. Just don’t have any time to work on these during the week. And yes I was able to register it tonight. I will call Weber tomorrow to see what can be done. I put the purchase date as the date when I purchased it. Not sure if the 2nd, 3rd or Xth owner. If they honor it great. If not I am ok too. Let’s see what happens.
    Just called Weber.... They are going to send me a new grill box. Lets see what happens....
    If it really comes I could call them about the stainless steel hood as well. The inner liner is rusted out. It is also covered with a 25 year warranty....
    Last edited by Stefan H; 12-06-2018 at 08:40 AM.
    Genesis Gold C, Performer, 22" Kettle, 18" WSM and always several old gassers under restoration.

There ya go. Glad they hooked you up. If they said they are sending a cookbox, I think you can relax and expect it will arrive in the next several days....probably early next week.

They said that to me too but than called and told me no. Wait and see. How old is the grill you're asking them about? What model again? Maybe they made it for enough time and numbers to support it. Best of luck, wish I had gotten that lucky

TVWBB Super Fan
    It is a 2005 Platinum C. However when I registered it with the serial number it showed up on the Weber site as Gold C. According to ereplacementparts the cookboxes are still available for these Genesis Silver/Gold/Platinum models. I just wonder what color it will be. I don't mind if black or grey as long as I get one.. I need to match color with the hood lid anyhow. ;-)
    Genesis Gold C, Performer, 22" Kettle, 18" WSM and always several old gassers under restoration.

Yeah I think they made that fire box for a really long time. Glad you could do it. Of course with the top of the line grill they leave you hanging

Wow, that is great luck! Good for you!
    Weber Genesis 2000, Natural Gas

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast