Thread: Turkey Potpie

Turkey Potpie

This is a very similar to yesterday's Tamale Pie post. Pulled out one of my old favorites from Weber's Big Book, Turkey Potpie. I've done it many times and it seems to get better each time. I think it's the Madras Curry Powder. Anyway, here goes.

Some onion and carrots.

Next the mushrooms and celery.

Made the sauce, Madras Curry, flour, chicken broth, and added the vegetables and turkey and spices into the mix.

Pulled and let cool.

Every time I do this cook I swear I'll never get it into my 10' cast iron pan, and in the end it fits perfectly.

Sliced up my last bageutte.

Threw on the crust, Puff Pastry.

Fired up my trusty Performer.

Done.

Let the pie cool for 5 minutes or so.

Weber OTG 26.3/4" Kettle, Weber Silver 22 1/2 " Kettle (2), Blue Performer, Jumbo Joe, Smokey Joe (49er Edition), WSM 22 1/2 ", WSM 18 1/2, WSM 14 1/2"

Plated it up.

If you haven't tried this recipe, you might want to. If you don't have Weber's Big Book, it's on the Net too. The link is attached below. Thanks for looking everyone.

https://www.weber.com/US/en/recipes/...eber-6460.html
    Last edited by Cliff Bartlett; 12-02-2018 at 08:09 AM.
    Weber OTG 26.3/4" Kettle, Weber Silver 22 1/2 " Kettle (2), Blue Performer, Jumbo Joe, Smokey Joe (49er Edition), WSM 22 1/2 ", WSM 18 1/2, WSM 14 1/2"

TVWBB Gold Member
    Cliff;
    That is just flat out looks DELECTABLE!

I shall be trying that if our weather ever stabilizes.''

Keep on smokin',
    Dale53
    Mini-Joe Gold, 14.5 WSM, 18.5 WSM, 2 Performers with Vortex, gasser (taking up space), SJS, JJ

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    I'm on this like ugly on an ape, all over it! That looks really great. I have the Big book of grilling and never saw it. I love all kinds of pot pies, this is a must do.
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

Thanks for sharing the pics and the link; added to my Paprika app! I made another turkey yesterday in order to do chili but I may rethink those plans, now. I enjoy seeing your Santa Maria at work.

Killer! That's what's going to happen to the next turkey leftovers.
    18.5 & 14.5 WSMs, 26.5 XL, (2) 22.5 Performers, JJ, SJ, Roti Rings, Stackers, Genesis 330, OKJ Highland & Al Pastor Cooker

Cliff, you did it again outstanding cook. Yes we checked it out in our book and its going to be done in the next couple of weeks. Thanks again for sharing a awesome cook.
    2009 Performer Platinum , 1999 Genesis 1000 LX, Mini Smoker, 2009 E320ng, 18.5 , 1993 Smokey Joe, 2011 Performer Deluxe

All I can do is hope for an invite the next time that's cooked. Simply amazing
    85 78

Another favorite! Looks great!
    18.5" WSM, 14.5" WSM, (4) Mini-wsms, Mini-Za Oven, Minitisserie, GOSM Big Block, 1967 Casa Q