Turkey Potpie

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
This is a very similar to yesterday's Tamale Pie post. Pulled out one of my old favorites from Weber's Big Book, Turkey Potpie. I've done it many times and it seems to get better each time. I think it's the Madras Curry Powder. Anyway, here goes.

Some onion and carrots.

enhance

Next the mushrooms and celery.

enhance

Made the sauce, Madras Curry, flour, chicken broth, and added the vegetables and turkey and spices into the mix.

enhance

Pulled and let cool.

enhance

Every time I do this cook I swear I'll never get it into my 10' cast iron pan, and in the end it fits perfectly.

enhance

Sliced up my last bageutte.

enhance

Threw on the crust, Puff Pastry.

enhance

Fired up my trusty Performer.

enhance

Done.

enhance

Let the pie cool for 5 minutes or so.

enhance

Cliff;
That is just flat out looks DELECTABLE!

I shall be trying that if our weather ever stabilizes:mad:.''

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

I'm on this like ugly on an ape, all over it! That looks really great. I have the Big book of grilling and never saw it. I love all kinds of pot pies, this is a must do.

Thanks for sharing the pics and the link; added to my Paprika app! I made another turkey yesterday in order to do chili but I may rethink those plans, now. I enjoy seeing your Santa Maria at work.

Cliff, you did it again outstanding cook. Yes we checked it out in our book and its going to be done in the next couple of weeks. Thanks again for sharing a awesome cook.

All I can do is hope for an invite the next time that's cooked. Simply amazing

Back