Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do I Need A Password Or Secret Handshake To Join The Club?

Do I Need A Password Or Secret Handshake To Join The Club?

I am now in the Skyline Club.

Picked this one up today, after a weeks wait. (Distance and snow storm.)
    E330 1997 Genesis 1000 Blue Performer wsm22 :wsm18: :wsm14: 1983 Red Head Chiefs NFL Edition

I beleive you qualify. What does the hood look like? Does it have any of that fade on top?
    Some people rescue dogs and cats. I rescue Webers.

TVWBB Pro
    They don't make Skylines anymore, do they?

Keep us updated as you use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    I beleive you qualify. What does the hood look like? Does it have any of that fade on top?
    Bruce, as best as I could tell in the rain, it seems to be in great condition. I will be taking it straight to the carwash this morning
    for a good bath and will know more soon. The owner said it looked new, and didn't have any fade, for what thats worth. I hope it
    is in great condition. THE HOOD WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR SALE OR TRADE, at a very reasonable price if so.

The rest of the story - - -

What a fiasco this was. The owner posted this a week ago. For FREE on CL and rolled it
    to the end of his driveway with a giant FREE sign attached.
    The next day, we had a significant snow storm at the same time I saw the add. I emailed
    and told him I would give him $20 for it, but could not pick it up until Saturday. He left the
    grill at the end of the drive all week, never checked his email until Friday night, and I was
    the only person to email. I know this is the off-season and all, but facts are facts.
    The Skyline does not apear to be anything special here. There are quite a few Weber hawks
    here in town, and they had no interest in this grill.

With that out of the way, this old grill is a solid 1000, 1 owner with a manual. I have a nice
    red head ready to mount on it and list it in the Spring. If anyone is looking for a nice Skyline
    lid, holler. I would be more than happy to sell, trade, or do whatever it is necessary to hook
    you up with this.
    E330 1997 Genesis 1000 Blue Performer wsm22 :wsm18: :wsm14: 1983 Red Head Chiefs NFL Edition

Dave,
    You are in the club for now. What would you be looking for in a trade? If it doesn't have fade I might be interested. I would use it as a replacement and use my current one to make one to sell. I think it might be a more salable grill here than it sounds like in KC.
    Last edited by Jon Tofte; 12-02-2018 at 06:32 AM.
    Genesis Platinum Skyline 3200 Q1200"Flat-top" 26 Kettle Red,Black 22s 1Touch Platinum, Black '74 18, JJ & SJ. Projects: Genesis 4, 2 many!

Dave, that is interesting that it wasn't grabbed right away. While the supply of grills around me has fallen to a drip at best, I find that when one does hit the market, it usually doesn't move very fast up here. Now that the snow is finally here and probably will be here into March, it will only get worse.

I had a Q200 with stand hit the market over a month ago. It is listed at $70 and I am not interested at $70, but then it seems no one else is either. I just emailed him and offered $20. I figured the guy would say one of three things: 1: It was sold or trashed already, 2: Give me a counter offer, 3: Not answer or reply with a snarky remark. He replied that he was looking for more than what I offered and I wished him good luck and let me know if he changes his mind and he replied "thanks, he will". His CL add will expire in a couple weeks and am thinking I might get a contact from him then.

It is just not grilling season up here.

I am kind of surprised one of your area flippers didn't grab that grill though. It is nice of you to offer up the lid and I would be interested if I was heading through KC any time soon. The shipping charges on it will be pretty rough though. With the interest on this forum, I would think someone would jump on it. You could post an offer in the Buy/Sell/Trade section as well.

Jon, the lid cleaned up fairly nicely so far.

I took it up to the carwash this morning, pulled the lid afterwards,
    let it dry and snapped the pics afterwards. I have now removed the sides
    and started a full blown detailing job, inside and out.

Dave,
    Looks like a winner! If you decide to sell or trade let Bruce know first. If he isn’t interested PM me. I think, though, you might fall in love and want to stay in the club!
    Genesis Platinum Skyline 3200 Q1200"Flat-top" 26 Kettle Red,Black 22s 1Touch Platinum, Black '74 18, JJ & SJ. Projects: Genesis 4, 2 many!

Jon, I would be interested but not for the price it would cost to ship it. Since it isn't a real need and I am not in a rush, I will just sit back and be ready to pounce when one pops up around me. And it will, eventually. In the mean time, I really like my blue lid for my personal grill.

If you want to work out a deal with Dave, you certainly have my blessing. It does look like a prime specimen.

Dave: Re Skyline membership.... Once you pass probation and submit dues in full you will receive one of these Skyline membership cards:

Green 1000 | Skyline 3200 | Skyline 520 | Genesis Gold B | Blue Silver B | Redhead Genesis Junior | Black 22 Kettle | Q1200

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast