Do I Need A Password Or Secret Handshake To Join The Club?

Dave in KC

TVWBB Wizard
I am now in the Skyline Club. :)

4EzLK1wh.jpg

Picked this one up today, after a weeks wait. (Distance and snow storm.)

I beleive you qualify. What does the hood look like? Does it have any of that fade on top?

I beleive you qualify. What does the hood look like? Does it have any of that fade on top?

Bruce, as best as I could tell in the rain, it seems to be in great condition. I will be taking it straight to the carwash this morning
for a good bath and will know more soon. The owner said it looked new, and didn't have any fade, for what thats worth. I hope it
is in great condition. THE HOOD WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR SALE OR TRADE, at a very reasonable price if so.

The rest of the story - - -

What a fiasco this was. The owner posted this a week ago. For FREE on CL and rolled it
to the end of his driveway with a giant FREE sign attached.
The next day, we had a significant snow storm at the same time I saw the add. I emailed
and told him I would give him $20 for it, but could not pick it up until Saturday. He left the
grill at the end of the drive all week, never checked his email until Friday night, and I was
the only person to email. I know this is the off-season and all, but facts are facts.
The Skyline does not apear to be anything special here. There are quite a few Weber hawks
here in town, and they had no interest in this grill.

With that out of the way, this old grill is a solid 1000, 1 owner with a manual. I have a nice
red head ready to mount on it and list it in the Spring. If anyone is looking for a nice Skyline
lid, holler. I would be more than happy to sell, trade, or do whatever it is necessary to hook
you up with this.

Dave,
You are in the club for now:). What would you be looking for in a trade? If it doesn't have fade I might be interested. I would use it as a replacement and use my current one to make one to sell. I think it might be a more salable grill here than it sounds like in KC.

Last edited:
Dave, that is interesting that it wasn't grabbed right away. While the supply of grills around me has fallen to a drip at best, I find that when one does hit the market, it usually doesn't move very fast up here. Now that the snow is finally here and probably will be here into March, it will only get worse.

I had a Q200 with stand hit the market over a month ago. It is listed at $70 and I am not interested at $70, but then it seems no one else is either. I just emailed him and offered $20. I figured the guy would say one of three things: 1: It was sold or trashed already, 2: Give me a counter offer, 3: Not answer or reply with a snarky remark. He replied that he was looking for more than what I offered and I wished him good luck and let me know if he changes his mind and he replied "thanks, he will". His CL add will expire in a couple weeks and am thinking I might get a contact from him then.

It is just not grilling season up here.

I am kind of surprised one of your area flippers didn't grab that grill though. It is nice of you to offer up the lid and I would be interested if I was heading through KC any time soon. The shipping charges on it will be pretty rough though. With the interest on this forum, I would think someone would jump on it. You could post an offer in the Buy/Sell/Trade section as well.

Jon, the lid cleaned up fairly nicely so far.

B9dEUxYl.jpg

JBGgil7l.jpg

I took it up to the carwash this morning, pulled the lid afterwards,
let it dry and snapped the pics afterwards. I have now removed the sides
and started a full blown detailing job, inside and out.

Dave,
Looks like a winner! If you decide to sell or trade let Bruce know first. If he isn’t interested PM me. I think, though, you might fall in love and want to stay in the club;)!

Jon, I would be interested but not for the price it would cost to ship it. Since it isn't a real need and I am not in a rush, I will just sit back and be ready to pounce when one pops up around me. And it will, eventually. In the mean time, I really like my blue lid for my personal grill.

If you want to work out a deal with Dave, you certainly have my blessing. It does look like a prime specimen.

Dave: Re Skyline membership.... Once you pass probation and submit dues in full you will receive one of these Skyline membership cards:

64dD9C4.png

It was a special edition. Just like cars, they run a special edition for some occassion or some short period of time and that's it. If they manufacture them for too long, they no longer are "Special". Weber used to do this more often back in the Genesis 1000 and Genesis Silver B days. They made hoods with special colors only sold by certain retail chains. They made grills with special options only sold by certain retail chains. They sold grills with logos on the hoods. One of which was "Snap On" and there were others. But they only made a limited amount of them and now, they are very hard to find.

This is similar to what auto manufacturers do. They will manufacture and sell a limited edition of a certain car such as it's 50th anniversary.

It looks like I just bought another ticket to the Skyline Club. I will know for sure tomorrow.

Arun, I am sure that is just the tie down strap after it was loaded up for transport. I am pretty sure my sister picked up the Skyline this morning. She was ****ed about something, so I am not going to call and confirm it, but I am pretty sure. I will be able to put my hands on it Tuesday, most likely.

EDIT: I just talked to her. I guess it will be sitting at my folks house waiting for me when I get there.

Last edited:
Well, Bruce and Larry! You guys made me realize there are times to find someone else’s junk!
Picked up a “Free” 2000 series redhead with:
Seriously blown burners
Never cleaned (shot) bars
Lousy grates
Totally useless frame
But, the lid and box appear to be quite sound!
I will cannibalize and clean things a little better after this stupid cold snap passes.
The guy was kind of funny, “Works Great!”
Hooey!
There is NO WAY this thing would burn properly!

Interesting side bar,
I told my wife this is what she gets when she lets me out un supervised!
When I told her to look out the back door her response was:
“You know, there is medication for that!”
I replied:
“Yep, six pack in the front seat!”
She just shook her head and laughed!
I have the best wife in the world!

Last edited:
Well, Bruce and Larry! You guys made me realize there are times to find someone else’s junk!
Picked up a “Free” 2000 series redhead with:
Seriously blown burners
Never cleaned (shot) bars
Lousy grates
Totally useless frame
But, the lid and box appear to be quite sound!
I will cannibalize and clean things a little better after this stupid cold snap passes.
The guy was kind of funny, “Works Great!”
Hooey!
There is NO WAY this thing would burn properly!

Interesting side bar,
I told my wife this is what she gets when she lets me out un supervised!
When I told her to look out the back door her response was:
“You know, there is medication for that!”
I replied:
“Yep, six pack in the front seat!”
She just shook her head and laughed!
I have the best wife in the world!

Fun new project. :cool:

Back