It's not National Pizza Month anymore!

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
So this was an uncelebration pizza cook.

Tried a new dough recipe (Ken Forkish). Used 00 Caputo flour and a 24 hour second rise in the fridge.

Queen Margherita (homemade sauce, mozz, minced garlic sprinkles, and fresh basil):

KfiLxwi.jpg

Prosciutto (homemade sauce, mozz, asiago, minced garlic sprinkles, prociutto and fresh basil):

m3lfv0H.jpg

Hot cappicola (homemade sauce, asiago, hot cappi, red bell and white mushrooms)

JzF3mCc.jpg

Cooked these in the Blackstone pizza oven. The first two were at 650* and the last one was at 700* when the oven had heated a bit longer.
They all were good, however that last one's dough cooked the best with good leopard spotting on the bottom.. Next time will heat the oven 10 minutes longer and go for 750*. We really liked the crust. It was very thin with many small bubbles in it. Great flavor. The sauce is wonderful.

Dough recipe: http://www.searching4zen.com/recipes/24-to-48-hour-pizza-dough

Pizza sauce: https://www.searching4zen.com/recipes/fwsy-sauce/

Great looking pies Robert. But I'm a little confused on the links. I have ken's flour water salt yeast bread book and didn't see anything in there that lined up with the links recipe. The link says recipe by Jon?
Always looking for new pizza dough recipes to try.

Mighty fine looking pies there Robert. That dough and sauce sound delicious. Haven't seen that KF book yet, but I've heard about it. Thanks for the links to both.

Great looking pies Robert. But I'm a little confused on the links. I have ken's flour water salt yeast bread book and didn't see anything in there that lined up with the links recipe. The link says recipe by Jon?
Always looking for new pizza dough recipes to try.

Thanks, Rich. I think that "Jon" is publishing the recipes from the book "The Elements of Pizza" by Ken Forkish. I have the book and that's where I got the recipes. I found the links and posted them here so I wouldn't have to write the recipies in case someone wanted them. The book is well worth buying.

Thanks, Rich. I think that "Jon" is publishing the recipes from the book "The Elements of Pizza" by Ken Forkish. I have the book and that's where I got the recipes. I found the links and posted them here so I wouldn't have to write the recipies in case someone wanted them. The book is well worth buying.

Thanks for the reply that answered why I was confused, I was unaware that he had another book. Another good book on pizza is American Pie by Peter Reinhart.

Looking good Robert!
I also use elements of pizza. I am quite partial to the sourdough recipe.

Killer pizza Robert. This is when I cook pizza, not too hot to hang out with the BBQ

Back