Thread: It's not National Pizza Month anymore!

It's not National Pizza Month anymore!

So this was an uncelebration pizza cook.

Tried a new dough recipe (Ken Forkish). Used 00 Caputo flour and a 24 hour second rise in the fridge.

Queen Margherita (homemade sauce, mozz, minced garlic sprinkles, and fresh basil):

Prosciutto (homemade sauce, mozz, asiago, minced garlic sprinkles, prociutto and fresh basil):

Hot cappicola (homemade sauce, asiago, hot cappi, red bell and white mushrooms)

Cooked these in the Blackstone pizza oven. The first two were at 650* and the last one was at 700* when the oven had heated a bit longer.
    They all were good, however that last one's dough cooked the best with good leopard spotting on the bottom.. Next time will heat the oven 10 minutes longer and go for 750*. We really liked the crust. It was very thin with many small bubbles in it. Great flavor. The sauce is wonderful.

Dough recipe: http://www.searching4zen.com/recipes...ur-pizza-dough

Pizza sauce: https://www.searching4zen.com/recipes/fwsy-sauce/
    18.5 & 14.5 WSMs, 26.5 XL, (2) 22.5 Performers, JJ, SJ, Roti Rings, Stackers, Genesis 330, OKJ Highland & Al Pastor Cooker

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    Great looking pies Robert. But I'm a little confused on the links. I have ken's flour water salt yeast bread book and didn't see anything in there that lined up with the links recipe. The link says recipe by Jon?
    Always looking for new pizza dough recipes to try.
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

Mighty fine looking pies there Robert. That dough and sauce sound delicious. Haven't seen that KF book yet, but I've heard about it. Thanks for the links to both.
    Weber OTG 26.3/4" Kettle, Weber Silver 22 1/2 " Kettle (2), Blue Performer, Jumbo Joe, Smokey Joe (49er Edition), WSM 22 1/2 ", WSM 18 1/2, WSM 14 1/2"

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Dahl View Post
    Great looking pies Robert. But I'm a little confused on the links. I have ken's flour water salt yeast bread book and didn't see anything in there that lined up with the links recipe. The link says recipe by Jon?
    Always looking for new pizza dough recipes to try.
    Thanks, Rich. I think that "Jon" is publishing the recipes from the book "The Elements of Pizza" by Ken Forkish. I have the book and that's where I got the recipes. I found the links and posted them here so I wouldn't have to write the recipies in case someone wanted them. The book is well worth buying.
    18.5 & 14.5 WSMs, 26.5 XL, (2) 22.5 Performers, JJ, SJ, Roti Rings, Stackers, Genesis 330, OKJ Highland & Al Pastor Cooker

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert-R View Post
    Thanks, Rich. I think that "Jon" is publishing the recipes from the book "The Elements of Pizza" by Ken Forkish. I have the book and that's where I got the recipes. I found the links and posted them here so I wouldn't have to write the recipies in case someone wanted them. The book is well worth buying.
    Thanks for the reply that answered why I was confused, I was unaware that he had another book. Another good book on pizza is American Pie by Peter Reinhart.
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

Those are some great looking pies Robert.
    Performer Deluxe(Copper) Genesis Gold B(Redhead) 18WSM 14WSM 26 OTG 22 OTG JJ Q1200 Gas & Charcoal Go Anywhere, Vortex, Kettle Pizza, Smoke

TVWBB Super Fan
    Looks great. Love fresh basil. Freeze got mine few weeks ago.

WOW!!! Robert you nailed those pies. They all look so yummy outstanding job.
    2009 Performer Platinum , 1999 Genesis 1000 LX, Mini Smoker, 2009 E320ng, 18.5 , 1993 Smokey Joe, 2011 Performer Deluxe

TVWBB Super Fan
    Looking good Robert!
    I also use elements of pizza. I am quite partial to the sourdough recipe.

Killer pizza Robert. This is when I cook pizza, not too hot to hang out with the BBQ
    85 78