Pat LaFrieda NY strip steaks

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
What a treat...these are Pat LaFrieda 50-day dry aged, 1.5" thick, Black Angus NY strip steaks overnighted from NJ to CA. Salted for a couple of hours in the fridge, patted dry, added some pepper, and grilled indirect on the Weber Summit charcoal grill using Weber charcoal briquettes. When the steaks hit a bit over 100°F internal temp, I reverse seared them over the hot coals. Rested just a few minutes, gilded the lily with a pat of Irish butter. Oh. So. Tasty.

tOoVbbb.jpg

OsdMxb9.jpg

ILJqqKH.jpg

T8aBch0.jpg

Wow, those look outstanding! I'd be so scared to blow it with a reverse sear. That's a great call, stopping at 100 internal for the indirect portion.

I reverse seared a Prime rib eye Tuesday, I cooked indirect to 120 , then seared to 130, looking for med rare.

Are these rare ?

Absolutely gorgeous Chris. I took a look at the website and might give it some thought. We love steak and.....we'll see.:)

Wow! Fantastic looking steaks. And Irish butter on top, yet. Would love to try some of those.

Chris, I could chew on one of those for a couple of days, I would have to run them through my band saw to thin them up so i could finish one in a week.
Sure look to be perfectly cooked though.

Back