Q320

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
Got a line on a Q320 that I am scheduled to pick up later today. Looks like a good deal at $50. Says new grates and while they are not new, they certainly look in great shape which is the big thing with these grills. Looks like it comes with a Weber handle light as well.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/420558661814922/

I can't get out there until later today, so I hope someone doesn't jump in ahead of me after we already struck a deal.

Last edited:
What are your plans for this BBQ? The reason I ask, is (IMHO) you are so limited with this BBQ. I couldn't wait to be rid of mine (a gift from my bride) If I were buying a used gasser, I'd be looking for a north to south Genny. There a many less limits with such (again, IMHO)

They've marked it sold Bruce. That looks like a very nice one too. I may just have to think about taking that one off you too LOL
ChuckO I have never understood the gripe you have on that product. I have found it to be nearly as versatile as my Genesis and just as indispensable. As for the NS Genesis I just don't get it. While they grill decent they cannot do nearly as much as the old classic sidewinder Genesis which IMO is epitome of grill versatility. Weber has totally failed to come up with a better Genesis than the original IMO. Heck the TGiving buzzard I spun up on the old Genesis 3 I gave my son in law is proof positive how versatile the original Genesis was/is

Chuck: It is going to be a flip grill. The grates are in great shape (Recently replaced) and can be make to look brand new with little effort. On quick look in the dark, the lid and other parts look to be in great shape as well so the rehab process will be minimal with a minimal investment in parts and supplies.

I agree with Larry on all his points regarding the Q3xx grills and the N/S regular Genesis grills. However, I will agree that the Q3xx is less versatile than either the Genesis grills or the smaller (PORTABLE) Q grills. One big negative of the Q3xx for me is that it doesn't support a rotisserie. But then a rotisserie on a N/S Genesis, while possible, in my opinion is far from optimal.

Right now, aside from the Q320, I have three Q2xx grills, a Q100 and a Q140 (electric). In the past I have had many more of each as well that I rehabbed and flipped. I will always have a sidewinder Genesis 1000 and a Q2xx and/or Q1xx. They, combination allow me to cook everything effectively the way I want to cook them.

I'm not here to complain about the Qxx but if memory serves I recall Chuck commenting on the side ventilation. Last night I grilled on the Q2200 and placed a cutting board on one of the side shelves. When I picked it up I came within a cat's whisker of losing it because the edge near the grill was friggin' HOT! I suppose it's my fault; I don't recall how many inches it was away from the grill but it was a new lesson learned!

I got it unloaded and took some photos. Grates look to be cooked on maybe two times max. Everything else on the grill looks great, but used. The electronic ignition even works. It has one of those Weber grill lights that works and it came with a partially full tank of LP and a decent cover.

For $50, I feel like I got a steal on this one. It will make a great rehab/flip next spring.

FZtFvui.jpg

MqhWrIq.jpg

WSSGCJv.jpg

Zq75EjI.jpg

Tt8znRJ.jpg

bxsyR7I.jpg

You made out very well indeed. Now where is it we should meet up? :D
Re things getting hot due to side vents. All the Weber Q's vent out the side and even when I had the Q220 many times I forgot and put something too close and either melted it or burned myself. It's no worse on the Q3xxx than any other. Same goes for grease deposits on the side tables. My Q220 left a greasy film on the side tables just as much as the 320. Big deal. Wipe them down once ni a while with Windex

This is definitely the best Q3xx I have ever grabbed. Basically brand new grates witch are about $70. If I can get the grease stains off the lid, it will be a very easy and profitable flip. If I have to repaint the lid, then it will add time and some paint expense to the project but not really much. Sometimes painting the lid to a sexy color is worth the time and paint anyway.

It is a 2010 model by the way.

Yah, I am in the off season up here and only looking for really hot deals while I wait out the winter weather until next spring when I can restart my rehab hobby.

Back