Hello from Erin in Dublin

ErinMc

Hi everyone, my gf just bought me a WSM 22'' as an early christmas present.I had been looking at offsets and pellet grills but for the price and quality of those grills in ireland, and with discovering this site with all the great info I decided to let her buy me the WSM.
Man it's a beast compared to my cheap off brand bullet smoker. I can't wait to get cooking on it.

Hey Bob.Basic first cook with a chicken, came out great(pretty hard to mess up with chicken though).I'm currently waiting on charcoal and wood to be delivered for my next cook, hopefully be hear by friday.Thinking of doing my 1st brisket, but might try the hot and fast method to cut down on fuel.

<chuckle> Charcoal being DELIVERED? I should talk, I've contemplated a pallet of charcoal.

Slim possibility that my g/f & I may be visiting Dublin in August (again, spent 10 days in Ireland a few years ago.) Love the city. Guiness, Murphy's or some other poison? :D

Laugh away.unless its summer you can't really get charcoal anywhere.Ans the less said about trying to find wood chunks the better.

You should check out a bbq place in smithfield.u s called My Meat Wagon.They do amazing beef short ribs.they have brisket but I can't compare it to anything as it's the only place I've ever had it.

Really? That's sort of surprising to me, I'd have thought that charcoal would be a little more readily available. Around here, every hardware and grocery store at least carries brickets.

Theres a few places, garden stores that have lump and briquettes, but for like €20 for a 4kg bag.ended up buying from the weber site 2 8kg bags for €25.Funny enough even weber dont have any wood chunks in stock right now.

You know if u can use kiln dried sticks/logs for fires in the WSM?

Hi Erin, glad to see another Mc join the site. Our niece lives not too far from Galway. We are in South Florida ourselves. We grill year round and love it. Be happy to supply you (and anyone else) with recipes. That's my hobby. lol Again, welcome.

Hi Joan, Galway is a nice town though only been a few times.Only recently started smoking, and only last week i got the WSM, im sure the weather is quite favorable for you guys, here not so much but nothing has stopped me as of yet.Thank you for the offer and the welcome.I'll prob hit you up sometime for recipes as im not very imaginative when it comes to food.I'm a meat and potatoes kinda guy

Back