Another bluehead

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Here is an older Silver with a classic hood in blue. I am guessing those stains would come off and that after being listed for almost 2 months (this is the second listing) with Weber spelled wrong the seller might come down on that high price.

13zrbkw.jpg

https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/hsh/d/propane-gas-grills-full/6722254845.html

Hey Brian, your mailbox is full!

I would offer $50 and see what they say. At this point, they may just want to get rid of it. Also, I see the igniter knob is missing. Aside from that and the white gunk on the lid, it looks like a really good specimen. If they counter offer, it would still be worth considering IMO.

But, even if they take the $50 offer, I wouldn't make the trip unless they showed me that the white gunk could be removed. I wonder what the heck that is all about.

Dave, you might be right. Maybe someone taped down the lid for transport or some other reason. I just hope it gets cleaned off before someone heats up the grill or it might get a lot harder to get off.

Good point THyde. I thought those end caps looked like they were in exceptional shape for the way the rest of the grill looked. But, I didn't put 2 and 2 together.

I think that you detective guys have unraveled the mystery. It is a long haul from me, but I would love to help Brian get his blue hood, and a real one at that!

It is 3 hours one way to the west coast near Tampa. I would do it if I could work in another worthwhile acquisition or do something with family as part of the trip. It seems like all the cool grills are on the west coast of Florida rather than where I live. When I found it (searching "Webber") I immediately thought of Brian. I have showed him that other Silver blue and earlier a stunning blue 300 series, but he definitely wants the classic Genesis hood in blue. There is also another blue 300 "sidewinder" available that isn't cheap but looks extremely good. If you are OK with a newer style Weber and really like blue, it would be THE grill to get. The 300 series brings you blue doors along with the blue hood, so you would have a totally BLUE grill!

I think the blue is really sharp, but I like the green and maroon just as well. If I had unlimited room and budget, I would like to have one of those sidewinders in green, brick red or blue.

Jon he wants to much money I would hope its only tape residue but no way to know for sure we will find one closer trust me trying to be patient.

My inbox is cleaned up pm'd you.

Brian,

Probably right, but I think he might cave on the price quite a bit considering how long he has been peddling it. The residue doesn't bother me because I think the others here are dead on about it just being from masking tape. With patience anything like that can be taken off porcelain. I might at least shoot him an offer.

I know what you mean about trying to combine reasons for a long trip to grab a grill. I usually have to drive an hour plus to get my grills and when I picked up my green head yesterday, I combined it with a trip to grab the Christmas present my wife wanted. I am picking up a nice Q320 tonight, but it is only about a 20 mile drive.

I wouldn't mind a sidewinder E3xx Blue head. They are pretty grills. If not for the cabinet issues, I would probably be on the hunt for one.

Yep, it is in my truck in the driveway. Guy listed it for $75. I offered $50 and he responded "DONE". Picked it up last night. I still have to go out and check it over close in the light. But the grates look nearly new and he said he only cooked on them 2-3 times since replacing them. He even said they are expensive to replace at about $30. hahahhaha. I told him that unless he stole them, they probably cost him more like double that. He was just a rich guy that didn't much care about the cost of stuff. He just bought one of those huge SS 24 burner grills. I forget what the brand was on it, but it was one of those top names.

I got what looked like a good cover and a propane tank with it as well.

I may just have to steal that from you I hope you know that LOL. I like that garage queen so much I light just need one on the deck for those quick chops, steaks or burgers

Back