Need bigger Fan - how big is possible?

Gerold Jed

Hello everyone!

I'm Gerold from Austria and owner of a selfmade reverse smoker - quite big, lets say.

I did the assembly of the heatermeter Board and everything works fine but when I attached it to the smoker the Standard fan from the kit ran up to 100percent but the temperature stuck at 70degrees Celsius.

Now I found a different blower: BFB1012VH with 2.7 Ampere.
What do you think about this blower? Is it suitable for the board or too big?

Thankful for every helpful comment!

Hello everyone!

I'm Gerold from Austria and owner of a selfmade reverse smoker - quite big, lets say.

I did the assembly of the heatermeter Board and everything works fine but when I attached it to the smoker the Standard fan from the kit ran up to 100percent but the temperature stuck at 70degrees Celsius.

Now I found a different blower: BFB1012VH with 2.7 Ampere.
What do you think about this blower? Is it suitable for the board or too big?

Thankful for every helpful comment!

I use the same blower, as long as you have atleast 1.2+ amp power supply it works fine. The blower is a 28cfm blower. I use it at 100% on my Gravity feed

Theoretically, the maximum blower current is 1A continuous as this is the max for the inductor and 1N5819 diode. I've run over 3A continuous (40W) for a lot of testing and it definitely has an effect on the components (the inductor now makes a noise), but anything over 1A is out of spec. That said, I know a lot of people have used some larger blowers and never had a problem as long as the power supply was large enough.

Back