Need help on 4.3

Corbett A

Ok, built and love the 4.2 kit, but have been having some issues with my button on the front so I decided to build the 4.3, plus by having both i have the option of running 6 probes at 1 time. So after building and powering up the 4.3 with the Raspberry Pi 3 model B all looked well. Loaded the SD card and it started up as normal. Plugged in my TC and probes and even the fan and it looked fine except the probes where reading way low. So went into the config page to try and change the settings for the Maverick ET-72/73 probes and it would not take when I hit save and apply. I tried a few different things but still nothing. Was able to access via wifi and hardwire. So I hit reboot AVR and thats when things went wonky. Now when it powers up it starts as usual, No Pit Probe and then after a few seconds screen goes blank but lit up, all 3 LEDs are on also. Sometimes it starts up with screen dark also. I took the sd card out and reformatted and loaded the firmware again for a fresh start and same thing. Tried several different power supplies thinking it could be that but no joy(using PS i had for 4.2 also, they are PS i had laying around from camera stuff, 12v 1000ma) I ordered 2 new PS from Heatermeter page thinking maybe wonky PS) Do i need to clear Raspberry PI out, like factory reset maybe? any help would be gretty appreciated. I am an electronics guy, but not so much computer guy. Thanks again.

Ok, think I might have some clue starting out. I loaded Firmware 14, which it looks now is unstable from what I just noticed. Now I can’t get the files on to my SD card that I ordered from Amazon, and it is a Sandisk. Thinking I have a bum card, tried it on 2 different computers and same crap. I am using Windows 10 on 64 bit machines and it appears that disk manager 32 will work on them, I was able to load the updated firmware before on to the 4.2 builds SD card. When I tried to start the 4.3 after the last attempt, screen was dark with boxes all the way across. So will try to load the new SD card later and give it a go again.

Ok found the answer on a different post with the same problem that resurfaced to day, thanks to RalphTrimble for the answer. Here is what I had to do and I also replaced the SD card.

Ok, went to Linkmeter tab, AVR Firmware tab and then click on Online Repository button. Then I flashed the 4th tab down reset eeprom. The screen said flashing eeprom and done. My screen went dark and it seemed like it would not reset with the flashing eeprom done on the screen. So I went back to the AVR Firmware tab and selected bundled firmware button and flashed the first button which is hm.hex and my meter reset back to normal and I had to reset up my config tabs(thermocouple and probe types.) Seems like it is working normally also. I did have to replace the SD card and reinstall the stable version for the raspberry 3. Thanks for the help RalphTrimble!

Back