Fresh Turkeys now at Costco

Brian Thomas

TVWBB Pro
Hey everyone.

We were in Costco today so wanted to give you all a heads up on their fresh turkey selection.

Of course they had the usual selection of large birds (20+ lbs), but they also had a big selection of smaller birds (10.5 to 15 lbs). Price is 0.99 cents\lb. We picked up a 14lb bird which will be going into the Apple Brine on Wed AM :).

WinCo also has a good deal going on turkeys right now. Spend at least $100 in purchases and you can get a free Jennie O' Turkey. We picked up a 15lb bird this way as well.

Hopefully you have better luck than we did with the Jennie O birds. Tried them twice and they didn't measure up to Butterball in taste or texture.

Thanks for the heads up on the turkey's... Same hear Kelley, Worst turkey I ever bought.

Sorry to hear that. Is this a recent thing? I cooked a Jennie O bird about a month ago. I brined it overnight in the standard turkey brine listed in the poultry section of the Virtual Weber Bullet and it was really good.

Sorry to hear that. Is this a recent thing? I cooked a Jennie O bird about a month ago. I brined it overnight in the standard turkey brine listed in the poultry section of the Virtual Weber Bullet and it was really good.

Couple of years ago for me. Maybe a bad batch.

Hey everyone.

We were in Costco today so wanted to give you all a heads up on their fresh turkey selection.

Of course they had the usual selection of large birds (20+ lbs), but they also had a big selection of smaller birds (10.5 to 15 lbs). Price is 0.99 cents\lb. We picked up a 14lb bird which will be going into the Apple Brine on Wed AM :).

WinCo also has a good deal going on turkeys right now. Spend at least $100 in purchases and you can get a free Jennie O' Turkey. We picked up a 15lb bird this way as well.

I have a 12lb Butterball from Costco. I'm debating whether or not I should brine it. I've read where people have done this in the past with Butterballs and it came out way too salty.

Back