Did you guys miss me?

Frank H

TVWBB Gold Member
Ha ha...so , the last couple years have been very busy and full of changes for me vis a vis my charcoal grilling and smoking situations. After 45 years in the same place me and Sweetie sold that big old house and moved to a small ranch in the next town over. We love one floor living and we couldn’t be happier.
That said , the new house is waaaay different as far as space and convenient places to cook on charcoal.
So....long story short...we were remodeling anyway so we revamped the deck and added a patio and I now have spots for my kettle and my WSM....my vintage Weber gasser will live on the deck.Theres a pad out behind the garage where the WSM will live , but that’s covered with snow right now so I haven’t moved it there. I hope to get back to posting some charcoal cooks and visiting more with you fine folks and shooting the breeze about grilling and smoking.https://photos.app.goo.gl/cDFSww5JVxQN5AhE9
https://photos.app.goo.gl/7imBmCaRitWYrVMQA

Welcome back Frank. Barb and I did the same thing about 5 years ago went from a 2600 Sf. two story home on a huge lot to a 1600 Sf. one story patio home, best thing we ever did.

Thanks everyone. I’ve been checking in on you every once in a while , just not commenting much. All my charcoal equipment was packed away and even my old sears gasser wasn’t getting much play. But I plan to change all that .
Hope everyone has a happy thanksgiving. Safe travels and happy grilling and smoking....and eating!

Sandy and I are in a 1600 SF cape cod and wish we had done a single floor place 20 years ago! Now, if we move the grillzone can be designed as its own (dedicated) space instead of “making some room” for it! I’m might even consider running a gas line!
Welcome back to the fray Frank!

Three years ago we downsized and moved to a one story home on slab. No stairs - only 1/2 a step from garage floor to house floor. Love it. Also loving the warmer climate here.
For any of you thinking about downsizing, do it! You will not regret it

Back