A warm hello from the chilly north

MLazenby

Wasaga Beach, Ontario, to be exact, where winter has set in hard and early.

I started smoking on a little stainless steel Napoleon portable grill I bought when I worked there a couple of years back. Not much of a grill but nice solid construction so I started using it with a charcoal basket and it made a decent smoker. After lots of smoked burgers, pulled pork, a brisket, I decided it was time to step up.

I picked up WSM 14.5 a couple of weeks ago. Loving that. Did a couple of chuck roasts as pulled beef last week, they turned out great. I've got a long weekend starting tomorrow so I've been scouring the flyers for meat. Looks like it'll be a whole chicken for tomorrow, and a top sirloin roast for Saturday. I'm really interested in the Santa Maria grill accessory. Figure I'll try that style in the WSM just using the middle and top grates, like the youtube video shows. If I like it I'll probably spring for the real thing come spring.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone's up to and checking out a lot great recipes and yummy pics!

Mike

Welcome to TVWBB! I use the WSM 14.5 and really like how easy it is to use, and it is the perfect size for me.

Hey Mike, welcome to the forum!
You're gonna dig that 14/5 soo much, before long, you'll be adding the 18.... Stay warm!

Hi Mike,
Welcome from Germany!

I would like to have some snow but since some years we more or less have to warm weather conditions here so christmas will be without snow (again).

Jan

Hi Mike,
Welcome from Germany!

I would like to have some snow but since some years we more or less have to warm weather conditions here so christmas will be without snow (again).

Jan

Thanks for the welcome all you weber-peeps! Jan, I have to ask....30 kettles? :confused:

Back