Finally Got Some Tacos

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Pulled Pork tacos that is. I've been trying to get this cook in since the middle of last week, but the winds and smoke were terrible. Finally pulled it off on Sunday. Pulled pork tacos and rice and beans.

Recipe called for making a Chipotle BBQ Sauce. Sauteed a few small onions.

enhance

Added dried rosemary, garlic, tomato paste, ac vinegar, 1/4 tsp each of ginger and cinnamon, and wrapping things up two huge chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. Threw it all in the Ninja and blended until smooth.

enhance

Also made a cilantro lime coleslaw as a topping for the tacos.

enhance

Made the rice and beans using Tony R's recipes.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Left over pulled pork from my cook last week.

enhance

Warmed a few tortillas. Didn't really need to do this as the grilling racks got them nice and hot. My first time using them.

enhance

enhance

Plate.

enhance

These were really tasty. I enjoyed the sauce and slaw combination. My wife is not a huge fan of Chipotle anything so she was a little less enthusiastic but managed to eat every bite! Thanks for looking everyone.

Last edited:
Very nice Cliff, looks delicious. I use Tony R's rice and beans recipes also although cooking rice at 5500 feet is a crap shoot at best.

WOW!! Cliff, you nailed that one, it all looks so delicious. Love the plated plate.

Those are some super looking tacos and sides. And I bet: tasted better than they look. Your presentation is beautiful.

Am guessing the onions went in the salsa?

Back