Turkey Cutlets

Lynn Dollar

TVWBB Emerald Member
And not because its Thanksgiving, I'm dieting and turkey is very low calorie.

I found these turkey cutlets at the grocery store. There's three to the package and they're similar in size to 1/2" thick pork chops. I grilled'em last week with a diff rub on each one, just searching for something I really like. But they were very dry. I direct grilled them over charcoal, they're not thick enough to indirect grill and sear.

I'm thinking of brining these, either dry or wet, before I grill. But I'm also thinking that's gonna limit the rubs I can use because the brine will already salt the cutlets?

I'm open to any suggestions on how to grill these. I'm thinkin of using butter in some way, I see a lot of people using butter on whole turkeys. IDK, just experimenting and hoping to come up with something very good and low cal.

JvbUPQT.jpg

Do yourself a favor and try pork tenderloin. MUCH better than dry no taste dead buzzard and pork tenderloin is actually lower in fat than boneless skinless chicken breast. Not sure about buzzard but I would think that too. Also beef tenderloin is lower in fat and cholesterol than the chicken and most likely the turkey choices. They're also both higher in nutrients and the plus side you don't have to cook them to death so that you don't die from salmonella

My second time grilling these turkey cutlets was a bit better. I put the rub on about an hour and a half before they went on the grill, set them in the fridge and I think the salt in the rub did some dry brining. Next time, I put the rub on 3 or 4 hours before .

This was what was left and the rubs used. My wife and I really liked the Cavenders and the Butcher Honey Rub. The Meatchurch Holy Gospel would be better on beef or pork.

JfLhlao.jpg

BPdkvfJ.jpg

Back