Cooking forums

JayHeyl

TVWBB Pro
The forums here are excellent for BBQ and grilling, and can provide a wealth of information on other cooking topics as well, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of active forums where more esoteric cooking related topics are regularly discussed. For instance, this probably wouldn't be my first thought if I was looking from creme brulee tips, unless I wanted a hint of smoke in the final product. Specifically, I've been getting into candy making of late and would like to find a place where I can ask some questions and have a reasonable chance of getting informed responses. I did a quick search and found a few forums, but most of them were dead or nearly so. Any suggestions?

About all I see online is a few personal blogs and recipe collection sites like Food Network.

Maybe it's because of alleged practice of cooks withholding bits of key information

The forums here are excellent for BBQ and grilling, and can provide a wealth of information on other cooking topics as well, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of active forums where more esoteric cooking related topics are regularly discussed. For instance, this probably wouldn't be my first thought if I was looking from creme brulee tips, unless I wanted a hint of smoke in the final product. Specifically, I've been getting into candy making of late and would like to find a place where I can ask some questions and have a reasonable chance of getting informed responses. I did a quick search and found a few forums, but most of them were dead or nearly so. Any suggestions?

Hi Jay, I know what you are looking for, I am also. For 10 years I was the hostess of a cooking game of the week on the Cooking Light mag. bulletin board. I loved it and so did my players. Then CL decided to discontinue the BB. And I have been looking for a new home for my game ever since. If anyone has any ideas on this problem, please let me know.

Jay, hopefully this might help you. www.greatfood.freeforums.net. This is the new home for lot of the people that were on the CLBB. They are very helpful and friendly and post lots of recipes, but no place for my game. I will still keep looking.

Last edited:
Hi Jay, I know what you are looking for, I am also. For 10 years I was the hostess of a cooking game of the week on the Cooking Light mag. bulletin board. I loved it and so did my players. Then CL decided to discontinue the BB. And I have been looking for a new home for my game ever since. If anyone has any ideas on this problem, please let me know.

Jay, hopefully this might help you. www.greatfood.freeforums.net. This is the new home for lot of the people that were on the CLBB. They are very helpful and friendly and post lots of recipes, but no place for my game. I will still keep looking.

There was one here called the Challenge pit, each challenge was ~30 days. It lasted several years but slowed down over the last ~2 years.

https://tvwbb.com/forumdisplay.php?87-The-Challenge-Pit

Thanks, Joan, I'll check it out. I keep hoping ATK/Cook's Illustrated will add a forum feature to their site but no such luck. Probably don't want to hire someone to referee.

Jay, at least, thank goodness for WEBER. Maybe one of these days we will both find what we are looking for.

Thanks, Joan, I'll check it out. I keep hoping ATK/Cook's Illustrated will add a forum feature to their site but no such luck. Probably don't want to hire someone to referee.

Jay, saw your post on the Great Food Forum. Thanks for checking it out. I hope in time you will get some replys. It was a very good post.

Back