Aftermarket Q grates vs Weber Q grates

There is a company that makes them from cast stainless steel. I've been thinking about buying a set for my Q. I don't know if Weber OEM replacements are made in 2 pieces or 1. I think the Q2xx and 1xx need a one piece grate. One reviewer noted an issue

Both Q200 and Q100 will take the split grates. Weber supplies two clips that you need to install on the grill for them. It doesn't look like the aftermarket companies supply the clips which is strange because they advertise that they will fit a Qx00. I am not sure that Weber even sells the one piece grates any more. They might.

Those SS grates are by Stanbroil and while they look nice, they are $120 for event the Q100 and up from there.

I will probably have to spring for a set from Weber to make sure I get the two clips with the grates.

Well, I just pulled the trigger on a set of WEBER grates for my Q200. Under $40 shipped from Ebay.

Nice deal. I think next season I may pull the trigger on either a set of CI grates for the 320 or I may splurge on the cast stainless ones

I would love to see a set of those Stainless grates. My question is if they are thick enough.

Same as OEM so I have no issue other than price. I'm getting to the age where paying that much extra may not be worth it ;D

Yah, the price is the kicker with them. They are more expensive than the RCP grates were for my Genesis 1000. But, yah, probably a lifetime grate that would actually outlast the grill itself.

Back