First cook with my new Genesis II LX E-440

ALarsen

Hi guys, so I received my new grill on Friday. Put it together on Friday on the back porch under the Gazebo in the rain. Yesterday we cooked our first meal on it. I made some Italian Sausage to bring with me this week to work for lunch and Burgers for our dinner last night. This grill is a joy to cook on compared to the Charbroil we were using before. The grill heats up nice and quickly. It cooks very evenly compared to the old grill. The temperature control is amazing too. It was so easy to dial it in to a temperature and get it to stay there. The charbroil we have been using was so hit or miss and would take a lot of adjustment and playing around to get to a temperature and then it wouldn't hold it very well it would get too hot and then be hard to get right again. The Weber made it so easy. I have to say that my first weber grill is a very nice change from the cheap grills I have used in the past. I think what makes it even better is that it was completely free too!

Anyway I know it isn't anything too exciting but just wanted to share how happy I was with my new grill and I am looking to many more delicious meals off of it. It will be cooking a turkey this Sunday for the Thanksgiving dinner we are having at our house with both of our families.

Also what is recommended to get the glue off of the hood and the side table from the stickers that were on it? I don't want to use anything that will harm the stainless or the paint on the hood.

Easton, interesting, we are neighbors! Enjoy the new grill, and it will be fascinating to see if you develop an affection for the old grills like most of us knuckleheads on here are fond of!

Thanks for sharing. Webers are just vastly superior to the run of the mill big box grills.

Easton, interesting, we are neighbors! Enjoy the new grill, and it will be fascinating to see if you develop an affection for the old grills like most of us knuckleheads on here are fond of!

That is interesting. Yes we are. I don't know if I will get into the older grills as I don't have the room to store them. I wish I had found this thread a couple years ago. My dad had an older weber. Not sure of the model but it sure looked like one of the many older genesis grills being restored on here. He got rid of it because the burners were shot and the frame had rusted so bad it was barely standing up anymore. He ended up putting it to the curb.

Thanks for sharing. Webers are just vastly superior to the run of the mill big box grills.

Yes they are. Even though it is a newer one, and those aren't as highly regarded as the older ones on this forum, I am very happy with it.

I think your grill is perfectly fine and still way better than the run of the mill big box store grills. The Genesis IIs are stylish and your first experiences show they cook very enjoyably. Not as rugged as the early Weber’s - yeah - but you can help compensate by paying attention to regular cleaning, maintenance and repair. As charming as a Genesis redhead? No, but yours has style and appeal of its own. Enjoy it!

Also what is recommended to get the glue off of the hood and the side table from the stickers that were on it? I don't want to use anything that will harm the stainless or the paint on the hood.

Unless weber has changed up, that should be porcelain coating on the hood, not paint. Any thing like Goo Gone should take off glue, but since it sounds like you already used the grill, the burned on glue might be a bit harder to remove. If necessary, a razor blade is OK to get off glue or burnt glue on the hood. I assume Goo Gone would be fine for stainless, but I would try it first in an inconspicuous area.

Unless weber has changed up, that should be porcelain coating on the hood, not paint. Any thing like Goo Gone should take off glue, but since it sounds like you already used the grill, the burned on glue might be a bit harder to remove. If necessary, a razor blade is OK to get off glue or burnt glue on the hood. I assume Goo Gone would be fine for stainless, but I would try it first in an inconspicuous area.

You are right it is porcelain enameled. I didn't think of trying to get it off before doing the initial burn off and cooking on it. I will try goo gone. It is just a circle where the sticker was.

Back