Semi-Productive Week

Dave in KC

TVWBB Wizard
In the past week, I have done quite well procuring new inventory, when I basically do not even
want any more for the time being. However, no one besides me seems to be buying much of anything.
In that last two weeks, I have only managed to sell one kettle locally. I have not put forth
much effort to sell anything either though. I have put my time to better use.

I finished up the two Silvers I have been working on for the last 2 weeks.

Greenie
b2gwYZ2h.jpg

p3ZDhOih.jpg

My first gray. I really like this color. Reminds me of weathered warrior kettle.
KJpP05Zh.jpg

1Sdwbath.jpg

I will be posting those this week, but have no hope of either selling anytime soon.
I already took them to my son's house for storage, and brought back another greenie
and a black. I have a maroon lid that I am almost finished with, and will take pics of it
paired with one of those when completed. Also, my wife is making a big red bow to
put on the green, in hopes of selling around Christmas time.

More importantly though, I have managed to buy some great stuff that should all be
in demand next spring. First was a Chiefs NFL Edition 22.5 MT. (Not photo worthy yet)
From what I am reading, there were only 10 of these ever made. I have the matching
Smokey Joe to go with it. Chiefs mania right now may hopefully have this pair under
a collectors tree for the holidays, but they will be very tough for me to part with.

Then we have 3 sidewinders.

5sLqxIHl.jpg

OwGsTBnl.jpg

FbzL8sel.jpg

The black and gray are 320's however I will be converting the black to a 310 and
the blue to a 320 instead as well as robbing the roti, stainless grates, and stainless
flavorizers as well. The blue is only the 2nd one I have known exist in my area.
There are just NONE around here. Looking forward to redoing these. The sidewinders
don't seem to be very popular with many of them members here, but I love this model
and most importanly, so do my buyers. :)

Last edited:
Dave,

Great looking Silvers! My first real restore (pre TVWBB days) was a gray Silver. I believe that it was a special edition color sold through Target. I did the restore for a charity auction. Not knowing much, I put way too many new OEM parts into it. The winner got a great deal:rolleyes:!

PRE-RESTORATION:

14m7wjd.jpg

NO SHOP, FEW TOOLS. I DID WHAT I COULD:

1126agy.jpg

RESTORED AND ON DISPLAY AT THE AUCTION:

2mw6jys.jpg

33vnluq.jpg

I even made a poster to explain the merits of this classic Weber grill:

hts1aq.jpg

p.s. This member actually REALLY LIKES those "side-winder" 300 grills. It is true that they often suffer from rust in the cabinet and leg bottoms, but they still have the original Weber burner configuration. I also believe they were still made in the US, at least to some extent.

That blue one is pretty special. I believe I have only seen one around here. I like your idea of loading up the options on that one. The right buyer ought to be out there. It just may take some time, and like you said may not be until spring. It will be worth the wait, I think.

Best wishes on selling. The Christmas tie-in is a GREAT idea!

Last edited:
Love that poster. I have never seen a gray older style 1st or 2nd generation version. BTW There was not 330 in the sidewinder version the one's with a side burner was a 320. 33o was introduced on the front control units to signify a searing burner

Love that poster. I have never seen a gray older style 1st or 2nd generation version. BTW There was not 330 in the sidewinder version the one's with a side burner was a 320. 33o was introduced on the front control units to signify a searing burner

Error noted and corrected. That's the price I pay or trying to post immediately after rolling out of bed at 3 AM.

Jon, love the poster. Details on how you made that if you don't mind.

No worries, just figured you'd like to know. I stumble around in a fog until that first coffee hits me.

Jon, love the poster. Details on how you made that if you don't mind.

I made it using Publisher, cutting and pasting all the graphics and adding text boxes. You can make large size documents, but since I could only print on 8 1/2 x 11 I had to print out as “tiles” and then cut and tape them together to make the poster size.

Dave, it looks like you have some great inventory lined up for rehabbing. It will give you a chance to get some grills fixed up for when the buying frenzy beings this spring.

I am currently doing the same on KitchenAid machines. Rush has started. I have someone coming midweek to look at buying one of my large frame pro machines and trade in one of the larger tilt head (Artisan) machines, I have 3 more on the bench doing part inventories and hoping to get them all on the market prior to Dead Buzzard Day

Yah, Larry, I would think that this is prime time for you to sell your KA mixers. Lots of pies, cakes and other dishes will be made over the next couple months. Post up a couple links to your adds when you get them posted.

Will do. I am going to try only through FB Marketplace rather than FleaBay and CL this time around. I find the CL crowd does not recognize quality and FleaBay I don't like shipping those big heavy machines plus paying them 10% of my gross for the sale and shipping. Sucks IMO

Larry, I think the ebay fees are higher than 10%. And then, yah, the shipping costs make it pretty tough to make a buck.
You are still going to find some real annoyances from FB, but I have found it to be a valuable venue for selling my grills.

You've got some nice inventory there you should do well. I have a sidewinder NG E320 in brown and like you said I love the beast, great grill.

When you guys reference "Sidewinder" are you referring to the E/W burner grills vs the N/S ones?

When you guys reference "Sidewinder" are you referring to the E/W burner grills vs the N/S ones?

Yes, that is what we were meaning. In particular I think it fits the first generation 300s in comparison to the second generation that look so similar except for the front burner controls and “N-S” burners.

Thanks Jon. I got it. I understand the difference between the two, but I just had not seen the "sidewinder" moniker before a day or two ago. I assumed that is what it mean, just not sure. Now I feel like I am "back in the know". :)

Thanks Jon. I got it. I understand the difference between the two, but I just had not seen the "sidewinder" moniker before a day or two ago. I assumed that is what it mean, just not sure. Now I feel like I am "back in the know". :)

Sorry, Bruce. Didn’t mean to sound like a know it all:p. I actually had not heard that term before but saw Dave’s pictures and thought “that is a great Knick-name for that model.”

"Sidewinder" popped awhile ago and like you Bruce I had no idea what they were talking about. But it is an easier way to id them instead of e/w burners.

Sorry, Bruce. Didn’t mean to sound like a know it all:p. I actually had not heard that term before but saw Dave’s pictures and thought “that is a great Knick-name for that model.”

Jon, I didn't mean to sound offended. I am just happy that someone answered my question without saying, "E3xx model with side controls, duh....". I was pretty sure that is what it had meant, but just not positive as I hadn't heard/seen it until just recently. Now I am in the "hip crowd" again. :)

Back