Happy Veterans Day

Yes agreed. Our WWII vets are being lost so quickly, along with Korean War and now Vietnam. I just did a mixer for a VN War vet who is also active in a local POWMIA organization. Gave him a healthy thank you discount too

Yah, I think I heard the last WWI vet died 7 years ago. He was 110 years old. With the WW II vets now in their 90's, we are losing them at an alarming rate. They are a great generation of people.

Yes the younger ones are in their 90s. Remember there were people enlisting and being drafted into WWII into their mid 30's and beyond. Most of the remaining vets from that war entered in the middle to end of it.

Thanks to all that served. :)

Thinking about WWI, many times I have often wondered if that war was worse than WWII. I know about the horrors of the Eastern Front and the Pacific campaign, but the doughboys had to fight trench warfare - which is strikingly similar to some of the battles fought in Vietnam.

If I can get a copy of it, I'll post an image of the surrender on-board the USS Missouri (from a different angle). A former co-worker's father was a marine photographer in the Pacific during WWII, and I saw many of his photos including the Japanese surrender in 8 x 10 format. The detail was astounding, and I had shivers holding the surrender image. It was like a, "hey, this war really did happen" kind of moment.

Back