Huli Huli Chicken

Nice looking Huli Huli chicken Kemper. My buddy used to make that all the time and then he moved to Hawaii for good.

X7O3fP6.jpg

knNyZNP.jpg

tOIOxMc.jpg

uQscEm7.jpg

BGX3Qgb.jpg

That looks good!
I'll have to try and and deviate from my tandoori, jerk and piri piri chicken!

Looks fantastic, Kemper! No wood/charcoal fires here for a bit due to air quality from the Paradise fire, so will be living vicariously through the forum!

R

Looks fantastic, Kemper! No wood/charcoal fires here for a bit due to air quality from the Paradise fire, so will be living vicariously through the forum!

R

Uggh.... I'll stay here, I think, Rich. Fired up the smoker last night, and put the pork butts on at 0630, 5 degrees F ambient.

Kemper, that really looks fowl.....tasty & delicious.

That looks great Kemper, like the pineapple you added. Barb and I make Huli Huli quite often but it has been awhile, think I'll put it on next weeks menu.

Kemper, you nailed that one outstanding job. I'm sure you and Ginger will enjoy all of that. Give Ginger a hug for me.:eek:

Looks great Kemper! Kinda makes me wonder how it would be over fried rice instead of regular rice........

Looks Tasty! Huli Huli chicken is great! Give it a try served with Hawaiian fried rice and potato mac! Mix plate heaven!

Thanks for the inspiration Kemper and Bob. I lived in Hawaii (Hilo on the big island) for 2 years in the late 90s, and I've never heard or eaten Huli Huli chicken, or Hawaiian Fried Rice, but this was dinner tonight, it was awesome

HuliHuliChicken.jpg

Marinade recipe https://amazingribs.com/tested-reci...-huli-huli-teriyaki-marinade-and-sauce-recipe
Hawaiian Fried Rice https://breadboozebacon.com/hawaiian-fried-rice/

There's two places on the big island that serve Huli Huli that are like food trucks. Both have big open pit trailers with rotisseries. They cook 50-100 chickens at a time! Look up GJ's Huli BBQ, and Randy's Huli Chicken and ribs. Both use Kiawe wood.

When I lived there in Waimea both guys were mobile and you had to find them. One of them liked to hang out in the industrial area below Home Depot in Kona. I think Randy's is kind of in a permanent location now. Not sure about GJ's.

GJ's cooking up in Waimea

o.jpg

As for the Hawaiian fried rice Iused to get it at Kamuela Deli in Waimea (no longer there). That and an order of Siamin for breakfast, yum!

Back