Putting up ham hocks for a cold winter!

Monty House

TVWBB Pro
In the brine (Ruhlman) for 3 days.

GZTWOHW.jpg

Over hickory, cherry & apple. 175-200 in WSM. Took about 5.5 hours to get to 150 internal.

BoBUfYw.jpg

Prettiest batch I've ever produced. Eager to try!

r5IgMWf.jpg

$2.25/lb up from either $1.60 or $1.70/lb last fall. What's going on with pork prices?!?!

Your ham hocks look delicious. But, I have never tried one. Maybe I need to change that.

You are going to have some great soups and beans this winter. Love the color of those.

Those look great, I haven't used ham hocks in years but after seeing Cliffs ham hock beans and your ham hocks the little bells in my head are ringing get some.

Monty, those ham hocks look delicious. It's been many years since I have had ham hocks, may just have to give it a try soon. Thanks for sharing that great cook.

Oh, man, those look excellent! Been too long since I smoked up a batch of hocks!!! Those should come in handy for winter soups/stews!!

R

Monty, are you out there, son? I need to know which of Michael Ruhlman's brines you are referring to. These look fantastic, and I trust his recipes (my wife has actually done some recipe testing for him for his cookbooks.) But I'm not clear which of his several brines you used.

Wife wants me to smoke some hocks, and you left a pretty good trail of bread crumbs here.

Monty, are you out there, son? I need to know which of Michael Ruhlman's brines you are referring to. These look fantastic, and I trust his recipes (my wife has actually done some recipe testing for him for his cookbooks.) But I'm not clear which of his several brines you used.

Wife wants me to smoke some hocks, and you left a pretty good trail of bread crumbs here.
Mike, I'm guessing Monty used the hock brine in Charcuterie. I've used it before as well with good results.

Rich

Back