You guys needed something new to laugh at...Yes I dragged home another crazy grill!

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I was minding my own business on OfferUp :confused: and came across this bomber for $100.

OOGMNKI.jpg

I know, I know...I can hear you all now:eek:. I deserve it. But, I do really have a plan. I am not going to do a major restoration except for some metal refinishing on the rusted fold out cover for the controls

KmOAjey.jpg

Inside I plan to clean up without a full disassembly and then replace the regular burners and totally gone heat shields. Then polish it up and try to flip for profit. I have in mind to make an advertisement and mail/email to the local auto repair shops in my area. I got to believe one of them would love to have one of these in their shop if I price it realistically. Maybe someone else will buy and flip it again:eek:!

You have to admit that the Snap-On aspect IS pretty cool. From what I understand, these were really expensive promotional items. I like how they incorporated the tool box draw look into practical storage:

lq0xjG4.jpg

Smaller side houses a complete working rotisserie with infrared burners both on the bottom and back:

zVkaWlw.jpg

So, is this one a flip:D or a flop:(?

I want it. How much would shipping be on that beast? Ok, I'll stop dreaming now. I've seen those before but never one for sale. I think you lucked out on this one. I have no idea what it would go for after it was cleaned up, but I think you have the right idea as for who potential customers would be. If I came across one of those for the price you grabbed it at I would be happy, clean it up and keep it for myself. I'm very curious to see how this works out for you.

I am guessing an outside firm made these for Snap On. Do we know who?

Dave,
I haven’t had a chance to even look at it. I actually bought it last week but it was too big to fit in my seatless van. Things have gotten difficult at home with my mother in law’s turn for the worse. Some guys in our maintenance shop were willing to help me out this afternoon, so we just went and got it and parked it in my yard for now.

I tried doing a little searching earlier but found little. It looks like it may have been made by Brinkman. The internals, other than the infrared and rotisserie aren’t much to get excited about. I think anyone who would buy this is mostly interested in having something to show off vs how well it actually grills.

Clean, fix worst rust, and replace just enough to make sure it works and looks half decent.

Sell!

Not laughing Jon, I think your idea of fixing it up and making it look all shiny and new and sell it to an auto repair shop is a brilliant idea! I'm just curious, what did the wifey say/think?

I believe you are going to make a good buck on that if you flip it. Really nice find.

I am sure it's one of the Chinese brands like Brinkman or Charmglow. I have seen these same grills without the Snap On style cabinet. Like you said more of a novelty than an actual quality product. Which is sad in a way that SO would leave their high quality brand endorsement to a Chinese cheapo type product.

I looked briefly and there is a customer service number for Snap On but no other indication of origin. I read a little more and some people claim they only made a small number of these. I am actually hoping it is Brinkman because parts are cheap and available. It IS novelty and not much of a grill, I suspect. The rotisserie side looks to be better.

I think Snap On must have figured that by the time they got done with the cabinetry, there wasn’t price room to source from a quality US manufacturer.

Do the drawers and rest of the cabinet show "chinese quality" or "Snapon quality"???

I am not totally sure at this point. I would guess Snap On tool boxes would rust if left outside in wet Florida conditions under a cover (a little tattered but also included bearing the Snap-On logo). I will check it out much more closely later. My mother-in-law did pass away this morning. It was very peaceful which was a HUGE answer to our prayers. Thanks again to you all who offered prayers and support to our family. I will be in Chicago next week, because there was no way my father-in-law would allow her or him to be buried in this sand pit!

Sorry for the loss to you and the world, but happy to hear that it was as smooth and peaceful as you describe.

My condolences to you and your family. Next week we're supposed to warm up a little again but right now it's full blown winter feeling and getting worse

Sorry to hear of your mother’s passing to the larger life, may she Rest In Peace.
I have a brother in law who would simply pass out for the Snap On grill, recovering motor head now living in an apartment with no grilling area or allowance!
Don’t ask.

Back