Genesis ii GS4 burner info.

GregMes

Hi beautiful people,

I have a '07 Spirit e310 that I keep customizing over the years. I am now trying to figure out if I can add to it the new GS4 square burner tubes..

The information I need but have been unable to find is the overall length of the tubes.

If there's anyone who can get me that info I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

The new GS4 tubes have only been used with grills where the burners are running from front to back. On your Spirit E310 the burners are running from right to left and are much longer. Meaning none of the GS4 burner tubes will fit.

Don't go getting all nuts over burner tubes. That whole thing is pretty much a gimmick by Weber. IMO meant to take your eyes off the fact they're more cheaply made now that the company has been sold off and is gone over to being an importer and distributor

Don't go getting all nuts over burner tubes. That whole thing is pretty much a gimmick by Weber. IMO meant to take your eyes off the fact they're more cheaply made now that the company has been sold off and is gone over to being an importer and distributor

Wise words.... when I compare my 10 year-old Spirit to the new ones I feel very let down by Weber.

Wise words.... when I compare my 10 year-old Spirit to the new ones I feel very let down by Weber.

All this talk of the new Weber's not being that great is giving me a little hesitation in the quality and durability of the Genesis II LX 440 I am getting on Friday. Granted I won it from work so it cost me nothing but still making me feel like there are better options out there.

If it didn't cost anything take Alfred E Newman's advice "What Me Worry?" you younger folks may not have a clue what that is LOL. Us old farts will know. Weber has given a 10 year warranty and if you should have it that long just use the warranty and rebuild it at their cost

It will be a fine grill. Don't sweat that. But, I just don't think it will be quite as trouble free and easy to maintain as one of their older versions.

Use it and enjoy it and like Larry says, You have a ten year warranty, so you know that even if some of the major components fail, it wont cost you any money during that time.

Enjoy your new grill. Many of us on this list are rehabbers and prefer the older grills because they are built like tanks and simple to maintain and repair while being great at cooking animal flesh.

It will be a fine grill. Don't sweat that. But, I just don't think it will be quite as trouble free and easy to maintain as one of their older versions.

Use it and enjoy it and like Larry says, You have a ten year warranty, so you know that even if some of the major components fail, it wont cost you any money during that time.

Enjoy your new grill. Many of us on this list are rehabbers and prefer the older grills because they are built like tanks and simple to maintain and repair while being great at cooking animal flesh.

I am going to use it and that is true it has the 10 year warranty. I am sure it will be much better than the inexpensive charbroil we have been using.

I suggest you go to the weber web site and register it right away. That way, ten years down the road, you won't have any problem with making a warranty claim.

I am going to use it and that is true it has the 10 year warranty. I am sure it will be much better than the inexpensive charbroil we have been using.

There is absolutely no doubt about that. I think some of the passion you feel on this subject from Larry and some of the rest of us is that in the old days when George :george: was still at the helm Weber was a family owned company. They made their grills in the US and although they made a few mistakes were serious about making a quality rugged product. Selling out to a private equity firm:p, offshoring most production to China and a sometimes less agreeable customer service has hurt Weber's reputation and following. Even so the grill you are getting is still way better than most of the typical junk offerings at the big box stores.

Many of our members have a special affection for the classic old Genesis grills. We think a well restored one of these makes a great alternative, but what you are getting will give you plenty of good service if you take good care of it.

I also personally think the Genesis II you are getting is a way better way to get a 4 burner grill than Weber's Summit.

There is absolutely no doubt about that. I think some of the passion you feel on this subject from Larry and some of the rest of us is that in the old days when George :george: was still at the helm Weber was a family owned company. They made their grills in the US and although they made a few mistakes were serious about making a quality rugged product. Selling out to a private equity firm:p, offshoring most production to China and a sometimes less agreeable customer service has hurt Weber's reputation and following. Even so the grill you are getting is still way better than most of the typical junk offerings at the big box stores.

Many of our members have a special affection for the classic old Genesis grills. We think a well restored one of these makes a great alternative, but what you are getting will give you plenty of good service if you take good care of it.

I also personally think the Genesis II you are getting is a way better way to get a 4 burner grill than Weber's Summit.

That is good to hear. I am also kind of glad to hear you say it is a better way to get a 4 burner grill than the Summit as part of me was thinking it would have been nice if this was a Summit as they are supposed to have quite a bit better performance.

The Summit does have better performance and in the X70 series much better thanks to having the rotisserie burner and smoke burner making for a very versatile grill. But they suffer from complexity, high price and relatively low quality at the price point. But, they DO cook VERY well

The Summit does have better performance and in the X70 series much better thanks to having the rotisserie burner and smoke burner making for a very versatile grill. But they suffer from complexity, high price and relatively low quality at the price point. But, they DO cook VERY well

So I never do Rotisserie so I don't see that as something I will use but then again if I had it and tried it that might change. Also I have never used smoke when grilling but I have thought about experimenting with it and using one of those A-maze-n tubes since the LX doesn't have a smoke burner and box.

I am just hoping that the LX will cook well for the Burgers, Steak, Hot Dogs, Italian Sausage, Chicken, and the occasional Pizza we do on our grill. I am thinking I may look for some sort of griddle for searing steaks or just use the Cast Iron skillet we have and put it on the grill for searing.

Last edited:
I think Larry’s assessment is very accurate. My favorable comparison of the LX to the 4-burner Summit is due to the very reasons he mentioned. A too heavy, complicated grill prone to rust isn’t worth it to me. Based on what you indicate you plan to primarily use your grill for I think you will be very happy.

So I never do Rotisserie so I don't see that as something I will use but then again if I had it and tried it that might change. Also I have never used smoke when grilling but I have thought about experimenting with it and using one of those A-maze-n tubes since the LX doesn't have a smoke burner and box.

I am just hoping that the LX will cook well for the Burgers, Steak, Hot Dogs, Italian Sausage, Chicken, and the occasional Pizza we do on our grill. I am thinking I may look for some sort of griddle for searing steaks or just use the Cast Iron skillet we have and put it on the grill for searing.

Possibly the reason you have never done it because you never had a good rotisserie grill. Well sadly the new Genesis is not it either. Don't waste your time as the NS burner arrangement without the aid of a rear burner is not conducive to spinning food. DOn't bother buying expensive accessories for smoke flavor. A foil packet or little stainless or aluminum baking tins work fantastic covered with a sheet of foil. Or just a foil packet.
IT will work fine for straight up "grilling" and or indirect cooking, They're not the all around cooking machines the early Genesis models were.
I don't get this "searing" on a skillet or upside down aluminum sheets. That's what your stove is made for. The grill has open flames and bars for a reason. LOL use the right tool for the job :D

What Larry said. One of my favorite things about my Genesis 1000 is the rotisserie.

Well I got the grill today. Assembled it and did the initial burn off with all the burners on the highest setting for 20 minutes. This grill seems to get very hot it was at 630 degrees according to the hood thermometer and the flavorizer bars above the burners were glowing orange.

Back