Thinking about a new gadget

Rodney - therod

Just thinking about maybe adding to the arsenal. I have a well-used Performer that's still in great shape. My arsenal includes a rotisserie, a potato stand, a chicken leg hanger, various size pans, a wok, a cast-iron cooking rack, a slow n sear, a smokenator (that I no longer use and wouldn't mind getting rid of), a vortex, a beer-can chicken stand, a chimney starter, might even be something else I've missed. I was debating on getting a pizza oven kit for it, but I'm not sure I couldn't accomplish the same thing with just some fire bricks and the pizza pans and stone I already have in the house. Chime in if you have or know of something!

Wow you have some nice add ons! ( I'm jealous):)
How bought a griddle or plow disk or paella pan?

Tim

I guess I'll ask the pizza question specifically. Has anyone done both? Used a pizzaque-type of kit, and just put a couple of fire bricks in the grill and cooked on it? I'm thinking since we're talking about short cooks, and I would probably just do individual pizzas for my wife, kids, and I, it might just be easier to use a couple of firebricks with a pan on top of them. If I really wanted to, I could also set my pizza stone on top of the bricks instead of the pan. The only place/time I get in trouble on the grill is with textures. My kids have a real problem eating grilled foods with any kind of grill marks on them. I can sear steaks, chops, burgers, anything and everything for my wife and I. But if the kids see marks on their food, their noses go straight up in the air and we have to get bologna or lunch meat out of the fridge. When I grill food intending the kids to eat it, I usually have to wrap it in foil. But using a stone, or other pizza pan, I have a pretty good chance since that's how they eat it from the oven anyway.

I've made personal Pizza's on my Kettle grill before. Cooked them right on the grill, I set the kettle grill up half direct and half indirect. Made my dough ahead of time cook it for about a minute on the direct side flip it over to the indirect side put the sauce on it load it up with the goods and cook for a bout 3 minutes. You have to have everything ready to go but works great!

I guess I would just wonder why you didn't just use fire brick to elevate your pan? That's what I was thinking about doing. Charcoal baskets might work also, I would think.

What I think I'm going to try though, is to put my hovergrill rack from my smokenator on the grill with the cast-iron pizza stone on top of it. Thinking that might work well...

I think the kettle pizza would be cool, but then you just start getting into attachments for that thing and the cost gets outright silly.

What I think I'm going to try though, is to put my hovergrill rack from my smokenator on the grill with the cast-iron pizza stone on top of it. Thinking that might work well...

I have the Kettle Pizza attachment for my 22, and I like it. Will work until I get a real wood-fired brick oven.

Rodney

Check out the Eastman-Outdoors bbq pizza pan, I think I'm the only one on here that uses one, and it works great for bbq pizza and whatever you can dream up.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002OOMSA/tvwb-20

Teriyaki Salmon.....Yum:D

inWoMd0.jpg

Some Pies.

L6Gy0Ut.jpg

wl7mZWV.jpg

ypaZ5TK.jpg

It won't break the bank and never burnt a pizza yet.

Back