My little project

Thanks last picture isn't supposed to be there. The parts are from a different grill. And I noticed my helper in one of the pictures :)

Yep, it’s that,”Gee, that won’t be a big project” mindset. You think you’ll just reglue that little corner of wallpaper just before you have your anniversary dinner the next thing you know, you’ve pulled two walls clean and started moving furniture!
Don’t ask.

That is pretty much exactly what happened. The grill was in really good shape already. So I thought I'd just spruce it up a little. Now I'm off to get stuff for the spruce up.

One thing leads to another. Then one grill leads to another and another and .......................

One thing leads to another. Then one grill leads to another and another and .......................

And before you know it the backyard and shed are overflowing with grill projects...just ask my wife:rolleyes:!

Q7H8OVe.jpg

SZO5xdX.jpg

I like your yellow haired helper. I have one too although mine is a little smaller (a corgi).

One thing leads to another. Before I joined this place I had 4 BBQs on my patio. Now there are 7.

I haven't been here that long!! :) :) :)

Looks good, Jason. I am doing the same this weekend except I am doing two at the same time. (Silver B and a 1000)

I always found that working on two grills at one time was tough with all the spare parts I have laying around the garage, it was tough to keep my current grill grill parts all accounted for much less two of them. I try to stick with one at a time unless something comes up that stalls one of the projects.

It's probably an age thing Larry.

I try to keep all parts to a single grill in one large tote container, but somehow, things don't always get put in the container or they get put in the wrong container or whatever. Also, if I am working on grills that I am not real familiar with, like an E3xx, I always put small parts in a baggie and write on the bag what the part is. Otherwise, I end up with a completed grill and spare parts. :) I used to do that on Silver B's and Genny 1000's until I got to know each and every part on them. I still bag some of the small parts to keep them together and keep them from getting lost but I don't have to label them any more. Progress, not perfection. :)

This is the first time I have tried to do two gassers at a time. I have them split up in 2 different areas,
as to avoid confusion. I am liking it this way so far. It allows me to complete each phase at the same time,
and seems to save some time. Clean, teardown, grinding work, reclean, paint, assembly. I always seem
to waste a lot of time preparing for each phase. Typically though, I have 3 or 4 going at the same time when
you count smokers kettles also.

I put the fire box back in, hooked up the burner tubes, and now I'm disappointed. The frame didn't look too bad before, but now with a clean freshly painted box it looks pretty bad. I'm thinking I have to pull it apart again and paint the frame now.

I put the fire box back in, hooked up the burner tubes, and now I'm disappointed. The frame didn't look too bad before, but now with a clean freshly painted box it looks pretty bad. I'm thinking I have to pull it apart again and paint the frame now.

You have serious weberitous now;)!

:smilekettle: :coolkettle:

How about one for all of us,,

And a BIG THANK YOU to our host Mr Chris Allingham!! :wsm:

Last edited:

Back