Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something new is coming to the Weber Grills product line

18.5 & 14.5 WSMs, 26.5 XL, (2) 22.5 Performers, JJ, SJ, Roti Rings, Stackers, Genesis 330, OKJ Highland & Al Pastor Cooker

TVWBB Diamond Member Dustin Dorsey's Avatar
    Wow, those things have gone up pretty considerably in price and I'm not seeing much added value over what they were a few years ago. It seems like the 3 burner base models were around $699? Now we are seeing 899?
    22.5 WSM, 22.5 OTS, Smokey Joe, Genesis 1000, Smokenator 1000, Old Country Pecos, Thermapen, Smoke, Maverick ET-732, Igrill 2

Yep really gouging on the pricing. Building in China for 1/3 the cost but trying to get even more $$$$. Not right

TVWBB Olympian
    I have noticed, at least at lowes, that folks see the price and walk away. average folks know little about weber or they just can't stomach the price any longer.
    George
    Can't live without spam

I figure much like CharBroil, CharmGlow and few other brands we see that used to be very high quality higher priced American made products Weber will at some point do one of 2 things. Actually bring production and quality levels back to what it used to be that actually could justify the price point or like the aforementioned names simply begin selling them at cut rate pricing and complete for awhile using their previous "good name" try to capitalize on that and still make a HUGE profit selling them at half the price they do now just as the other brands are doing now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12