Signals: 4-Channel Thermometer from ThermoWorks

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
https://www.ThermoWorks.com/Signals?tw=VWB&chan=TVWBB

The latest, greatest from ThermoWorks is "Signals", a 4-channel WiFi and Bluetooth enabled probe thermometer that lets you monitor three meats and your pit all at the same time. First there was Smoke, now there is Signals. Get it? Smoke Signals?

Between you and me, I think Signals is probably what Smoke should have been in the first place. But better late than never...

Available in 9 colors, it sells for $229.

Wow, that thing looks awesome. It's not much more than the cost of the smoke, plus the gateway. I've got the smoke/gateway combo and love it. I probably won't shell out for this anytime soon for that reason, but it looks like an excellent product.

I love my Smoke. Thought about getting the gateway, but this would be an even better addition. I will have to flip some more grills, first:rolleyes:~!

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger and getting one of these. I have the Thermoworks Smoke but have yet to purchase a gateway for it. This unit is inline with the cost of a smoke and gateway together. I really enjoy the Smoke but have wanted to be able to have a grate temp and a meat probe in more than one piece of meat. Since I've upgraded to a WSM 22" I tend to load it up wit as many as 4 butts at the same time.

One issue I don't like about the Smoke, and I wonder if this one has the same issue, is that I've had an alarm go off on the remote and cleared it. But that doesn't clear the alarm on the "base" unit at the smoker. Not sure how hard that is technically but I guess it would involve two way communication over the RF. Being that this is not feasible I think it would be nice if there was a setting that would allow you to mute alarms on the "base station" only.

If I am looking at this new Signals correctly, you get a base and your phone serves as the receiver. One thing I like about the Smoke is the reliability of the communication between the base and receiver that is included. My friend has an iGrill, and while the visual statistics are cool, he has a lot of trouble with dropped signals. I guess it depends where you are, and I trust Thermoworks to make a quality unit. Will be interested in actual users experience.

Yah, Jon, I think the thing is the same as the Smoke with the base unit with your phone via WiFi serving as not only the remote display, but I think you can control the Smoke via the phone as well. And, since it uses WiFi in conjuction with bluetooth, you won't have the range limitations of plain bluetooth. If I was planning to buy a Smoke (I already have one w/o the gateway), I would for sure go with the new Signals. It also eliminates a having to deal with a seperate gateway and remote. You just use the main unit and your phone.

:) This showed up yesterday:

bt3n2xh.jpg

I am curious to see reviews on this too. The thermoworks app gets some bad reviews in the Google play store. I'm hoping it works well as I am tempted to sell the brand new iGrill 3 I am getting with the grill I won from work and putting it towards one of these instead.

dang! I spent my allowance on a smoke and gateway not long ago. Haven't even used them yet.

Lewis,

I think you will LOVE your Smoke. This new thing does look very cool, but I personally like that the Smoke is all integrated and doesn't have to rely on my phone. I will be interested in hearing reviews, of course, but I hardly think the Smoke is completely pushed aside.

Jon

Back