Thermoworks 4 Probe Thermometer?

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
xhPBokL.jpg

Searched their site... found nothing.

If this comes with a gateway, I'm gonna get one.

https://www.thermoworks.com/Signals?tw=VWB&chan=TVWBB

Received one a few days ago to try out. Hope to give it a go at some point in the near future, but it's not common for me to want/need three meat probes. This is for the person that really likes to "instrument" their barbecue, and I'm not so much into that.

What I do like about this design right off the bat is the new wedge shape with wider base, eliminating the need for the kickstand used on Smoke.

https://www.thermoworks.com/Signals?tw=VWB&chan=TVWBB

Received one a few days ago to try out. Hope to give it a go at some point in the near future, but it's not common for me to want/need three meat probes. This is for the person that really likes to "instrument" their barbecue, and I'm not so much into that.

I can see that. This isn't really for the folks using an 18" smoker, it's more for people who are smoking a lot at once. The WiFi connection should be a big plus over Bluetooth. I'd hope that with a little port forwarding work in your firewall that you'd be able to monitor this remotely, and without requiring anybody else's services.

Having said that, I lobbed this device over at my client manager (I'm evil that way....) Almost got him to pull the trigger on it, but he's not going for it yet.

I'll be watching for your review.

:) This showed up yesterday:

bt3n2xh.jpg

Was just about to pull the trigger on a Gateway. Anyhoo... haven't used it yet.

Looking at the software, it appears that it will also interface with Gateway and Blue Dot, although I could be wrong.
So depending on what, it may track 6 -7 probes?

My Mavericks are failing - they drop connections all the time and since I use 3 probes quite often, Signals should be a good solution.
And i still have my Smoke. I'm sure I'll still find a use for it.

you can probably skip the gateway if you have wifi where you want to use it - I expect the gateway is just to extend your wifi range to the base unit.

Anyone notice Thermoworks is absent from Amazon?

I just ordered a Smoke w/ 12" probe

<<<edit>>>

this is for candy making

Last edited:
Anyone notice Thermoworks is absent from Amazon?

I just ordered a Smoke w/ 12" probe

"Warning regarding ThermoWorks products at Amazon, eBay and other sites Less

The lowest internet prices for ThermoWorks products are available at thermoworks.com and through special offers received by subscribers to ThermoWorks emails.

Amazon, eBay, walmart.com, sears.com and their sellers are NOT Authorized Dealers. There are unscrupulous sellers at those sites who have purchased ThermoWorks products at retail prices and are then re-selling them at significantly elevated prices, sometimes 2 to 4 times the Authorized List Price. After receiving numerous complaints from customers who were victimized by those listings, we felt it was important to do what we could to warn unsuspecting consumers.

Furthermore, we have received a growing number of complaints that such sellers are offering counterfeit, copycat, stolen units, and "Open-Box" units as authentic NEW ThermoWorks products. Thus, from January 1st of 2016, technical support and warranty coverage are only available on ThermoWorks products that are purchased direct from ThermoWorks or from ThermoWorks' Authorized Dealers. In this way we know the consumer is fully protected and we can protect our reputation for treating customers fairly. Extended Info"

Got it workin'!

3tBIx7b.jpg

Took forever to get it synched with the wifi. Seems like Signals only likes 2.4 ghz and all it would find is the 5 g on my wifi.
Poked around on my internet/tv support website which has access to my wifi and found the 2.4 "channel", it's name and password.
After that, piece of cake.

I had called Thermoworks on Sat am. They said I had questions for tech support and that they were real busy and would call back within 2 hours.
3 hours later.... I called them again. Had to leave a message. Still haven't heard from them.

Haven't cooked with it yet. But I'm sure it will work fine.

Still can't locate the place in the app that shows the battery percentage. That would be rather useful.

Last edited:
I have the iGrill2, which accepts 4 probes. the unit comes with two, with others available as accessories. I've got a pit probe and two meat probes and use all three rarely. It's about 2-1/2 years old now and still works fine. The probes are stout and the cables are durable. Bluetooth range is subject to all the Bluetooth vagaries. What's nice about it that it connects to an iPad and will show you a line graph of each probe over the length of the entire cook. I do briskets and butts overnight and when I get up in the morning, I can see how the cooker held temp overnight and adjust accordingly if there was an issue. About $65 on Amazon with 2 probes.

Jeff

Got it workin'!

3tBIx7b.jpg

Still can't locate the place in the app that shows the battery percentage. That would be rather useful.

I called tech support at Thermoworks about this. So: touch any of the circles on the home page and it brings up another page. Touch the settings icon in the upper right corner and it brings up the sensor setting page. At the bottom there is an options bar. Touch that - Probe Options appears. And then select advanced info. It lists battery power as a percentage of 100. Also of interest, it tells the strength of the wifi connection. The range is between 30 and 90. 30 being excellent and 90 is useless.

Pretty cool.

Well I'm jealous! Congrats on the cool thermometer! I'm happy with my gateway and my smoke, although I did have to do a firmware update when it quit working. I didn't have much problem with that, but I could see the average joe having some issues. That's probably what's tying up their tech support. I still occasionally pull out my igrill2 but the bluetooth drive me insane.

Back