Thinking about a new project

Yup, the first one is a steal at $35....would prefer that one over the other one. Shoot, I wouldn't even gift that one, I'd keep it for myself LOL :D.

Yah, grab that first one for $35. Much easier to rehab and better grill in my opinion anyway.

RJ,

I agree with the others. That particular model is not that common and is a really well built grill.

If you like that other one, I can help you out with a used, but usable door. Of the 300 series grills, that one is my personal favorite since it still has the classic Weber E-W (sideways) burner configuration. That one looks really nice and not infested with rust like most of them have. If negotiable means really cheap, then I would at least consider it. Many people associate these with being "big" and "modern", so it might make a better gift in terms of "spazaz".

Still the classic Gold with its Summit frame is really special, and if the recipient understands Weber history, it is the one you want.

I agree with Jon on the E310 grill. While I don't really care for them personally, they are more popular with potential buyers. I can get about 25% more for a restored E310 than I can a Silver B or Genesis 100. But, like I said, I personally prefer the older grills as evidenced by my 25 year old Genesis 1000.

So, maybe you should grab both if you can get the E310 for a good price. I would offer $20 for it. He is going to have a hard time selling it with the door missing and you can likely source one off this list as Jon has already spoke up on that regard. I might even have an extra door stored out in my shed.

Last edited:
I have not heard back from either seller. I would like to get both and will try. I, like alot of you are into these older webers I have a 1000 redhead LP a black 1000 NG and a E310. The redhead was purchased new back in the 90's not sure of the date but I had a two brother inlaws that had them and I spent money that at the time seemed crazy. Now it's still working great. The black one was a craigslist and I picked it up because it was NG. It is in several parts now. The E310 was a curb grill my neighbor put on the street https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?70443-Neighbor-put-his-Genesis-E-310-LP-out-on-the-street/page4 you guys helped alot on this one. I hooked up with another member and we swapped valves and manifolds so now its NG.

Jon and Bruce I am with you I think the recipient will not appreciate the quality of the older classic Gold. I may keep it for myself or someone who will understand the quality. I maybe looking for a door we will see. My wife will surely ask why not give them one of the ones you already have? I will work on an answer.

Thanks RJ

Finial got a response from the green Gold C letgo poster. I almost gave up. It's still forsale $35.00 I am going to try to get it today.

Keep us posted. If that base is in good shape, then I say you got a great deal. The door is probably easier to replace than the cabinet floor. I did a quick look in my pile of parts in the shed and didn't see any extra doors. But, I am sure there is someone on this forum that could help you out. Otherwise, a donor grill would likely have what you need. There are quite a few of those style out there and many are starting to hit the used/junk stage now and being listed on CL and FB MP.

Hi Bruce Its the green Gold C. I still haven't heard back on the E300. If I can get the E300 for a good price I will get it also.

Oh, yah, I like that grill too. That would make a nice project grill. However, you some might find parts for that a little harder to come by so make sure things like the shelves and such are intact and in good shape.
Good luck.

I having nothing but issues with these sellers on LetGo. No responses or no followup. This is another possibility but I am thinking $20.00 what say you guys should I even look?https://us.letgo.com/us/i/used-grill-i-will-tell-it-needs-a-cood-cleaning_411c8a6e-5ce3-4655-95b5-f963e6d6fc45

RJ,

I know what you mean about online sellers. The TEC grill I flipped took me almost two months to land. The seller was very erratic. In that case persistence paid off, but other times you come up empty.

I am not wanting to sound haughty or anything like that, but the $20 grill you posted today is nowhere near the quality of that classic Gold you looked at earlier and that I guess didn’t work out. I would be patient and keep looking for a 1000 series or maybe a really nice Silver or Gold (or Platinum if you are lucky enough to find one). That is only my opinion, of course, but I think you will be much happier with one of those than most of the more recent lower range Weber’s like the one in your most recent post.

They are out there. Just hang in there, although this may not be the best time to find them. Spring is coming!

I having nothing but issues with these sellers on LetGo. No responses or no followup.

Ain't that the truth.

The first two grills you posted would make excellent grills to gift to someone.
The third would be a decent flip candidate if bought cheap, but I don't think I
would be gifting it to anyone.

I went out and looked at it and what was I thinking? Not even close to what I want even if it was in good shape. If I don't find one soon-house warming is not far a way. I will fix up my old black 1000 and give that to them. I will still have the red 1000 and the E310 side control Weber. The black one will need flavorizer bars and gates I have the wood to replace the tables and handle. I am a custom furniture builder so that's not a problem.

I lurk a lot on here but not sure what the latest consensus is on bars and grates and that don't brake the bank. This home is only casual grillers.

Thanks

Back