New Project Redhead 1100

Brian B Atlanta

TVWBB Gold Member
Okay here are some before pics this one is in really good shape will be able to save the handle and most of the wood if not all. No pics of the flavorizer bars they are stainless and in fantastic shape no need to replace for a long time not even any rust on the bottom edges. He said he replaced the burners and looking at them just need to be brushed down ignitor works the collection box is fine no need to replace. Thermometer is shot will steal that from the Silver C which has been a disaster so far and a parts grill will steal the tank scales and the grease tray brackets they look okay.

h5IyLOa.jpg

hU6Dy94.jpg

snLsbk4.jpg

sKZR83u.jpg

cEiFjeo.jpg

Last edited:
Hard part is done the firebox bolt is out sprayed it down with PB last night the nut inside had enough bite for a vice grip put the ratchet on the outside and the bolt broke just backed it out from the inside of the firebox did not take me more than 5 minutes. I have the motor for the rotis and the knobs had taken that out, on the rotis is that a counter weight he said he used it twice looking at it no reason to not believe him.

Last edited:
Looks like you got a great one there, Brian! Nothing very major in the way of a beautiful redhead. We will all look forward to enjoying what you do with it. Maybe I can learn how to make my endcaps look half as good as yours come out:eek:!

Looks like you got a great one there, Brian! Nothing very major in the way of a beautiful redhead. We will all look forward to enjoying what you do with it. Maybe I can learn how to make my endcaps look half as good as yours come out:eek:!

Even has the slider bar for the swing down table, I am going to try the Krylon I loved the gloss look when I redid the side caps on the 1000 but it is a bit difficult to get that uniform gloss look going to use the caliber paint for the frame that is a given. The endcaps will need to be taken down to metal and one thing I learned is when your done wipe those down with Acetone you will be shocked at how much black dust is still on them even if you cleaned them with simple green..

That is an excellent candidate for a rehab. Pretty much intact and in good shape and the Roto is icing on the cake.

Need some input can't get the rotis bracket of just keeps spinning do you just need to bite bullet and cut the nut off from the inside?

Hi Brian,

I could be wrong, but that looks like same grill I communicated with the seller that posted in CL. I told him I will do paypal full asking price if he keeps it for me.
Something I noticed, there are more Weber older grills in the Marietta area than the Suwanee area. Can only get on the other side of the city on the weekends.
Glad you got it.

Hi Brian,

I could be wrong, but that looks like same grill I communicated with the seller that posted in CL. I told him I will do paypal full asking price if he keeps it for me.
Something I noticed, there are more Weber older grills in the Marietta area than the Suwanee area. Can only get on the other side of the city on the weekends.
Glad you got it.

I think its hit or miss Chris, I would have the same problem Marietta is close to Suwanee is the other side of the earth unless its a weekend. There was a 2000 on Facebook down south a bit which I missed a few weeks ago that I badly wanted but its gone. Maybe you got it if so good job.

Need some input can't get the rotis bracket of just keeps spinning do you just need to bite bullet and cut the nut off from the inside?

I carefully ground/cut off the outside round end and held the nut with some pliers. I was afraid cutting into the firebox. Plus the bolt started spinning when I tried try to cut the nut off. Once I refurbished the fire box I replaced these old bolts with some SS bolts and nuts.

I dont even have a facebook account 😜
I see plenty of posts here with facebook grill findings....maybe i need to open an account 😇

Yah, that is the only reason I have a FB account. very little personal info in it and most it isn't even correct.
I have bought and sold a lot of grills through FB marketplace.

Joel, I was amazed also but the grill was well taken care of so far except for the rotis bracket everything coming apart nicely. Will work on that bracket this weekend.

Brian, just cutoff the roto bracket bolts with a grinder or twist them off with a vice grips. If you grind on the side of the bracket, you might nick the bracket, but it should be stainless anyways. But, even grinding on the inside, if you nick the aluminum cook box, no big deal. It isn't going to hurt anything. Good luck with that grill. I am looking forward to seeing how the wood comes out.

Brian, just cutoff the roto bracket bolts with a grinder or twist them off with a vice grips. If you grind on the side of the bracket, you might nick the bracket, but it should be stainless anyways. But, even grinding on the inside, if you nick the aluminum cook box, no big deal. It isn't going to hurt anything. Good luck with that grill. I am looking forward to seeing how the wood comes out.

Its what I ended up doing actually got one off with my needle nose vise grips using a wrench got the nut backed off enough to grab the round head on the outside. The other no luck but what I did was clamp down with the vise grips on the threaded portion, it was enough weight so I could grind away without it spinning.

Can I make a 3000 frame out of a 1000 frame we will see, have the burner from the Silver frame needs to be fooled around with but have some ideas. Obviously the right leg will need to be moved out to the right and re-attached got some ideas on that but looking for others so chime in.

My thoughts are is usual. Find a 3000 frame. But if you are up for the challenge I say Hey go for it. But if it was me I would take the easy way out.

Back